Are you a professional with a Master’s degree and at least 4 years of experience in aerospace or telecommunications? Are you proficient with Optical technologies? If so, this opportunity might be for you!
We are looking for a Telecommunication System Engineer who will join the Octagon Professionals projects team at the European Space Agency in Noordwijk (ESTEC). Read more about this exciting opportunity and apply today!
- Activities in the optical communications area (Intra-Satellite, Satellite connections between Satellites, Ground, or Airborne) and applications/services) as well as an insecure sitcom for safety and security, research programs (H2020, Horizon Europe), partnership Programmes.
- Support of preparatory activities, actions and implementation in cooperation with the relevant stakeholders (Industry, National Agencies, EU Institutions).
- Supporting the Project preparation and implementation and managing industrial activities.
- Provide support to the ScyLight Programme Manager/System Engineer/Technical Leads in coordinating ESA internal studies and preparing the documentation.
- Support the ESA ScyLight Programme Manager/System Engineer/Technical Leads monitoring the coherent and cost-effective implementation of requirements from system level down to the lower sub-system level.
- Participation in Agency Reviews, notably supporting the ScyLight Programme Manager/System Engineer/Technical Leads in organizing the Phase A/B System Requirements Review and Preliminary Design Review as well as lower level technical reviews.
- Supporting the definition of technology activities or additional technical studies in preparation of the next Phase of the Programme.
- Assessment of new concepts and techniques to be applied to next-generation telecommunication systems for both space and ground segment.
- Preparation of inputs to status reports.
- Regular reporting of progress to the ESA System Engineer and the Programme Manager.
- Liaise closely and proactively with the rest of the team as well as with other colleagues.
- Support to preparatory activities during defining and setting up new programme elements and the related programmatic frameworks.
- Support in the creation of information packages to Decision Makers and industrial partners.
- Support in the creation of internal or external decision documents (e.g. proposals to the ESA programme boards) throughout the relevant project lifetime.
- Identification and characterization of new services and applications.
- Support to other projects or Directorates of ESA for the definition and operational assessment of applications and services.
- Support for standardization activities.
- Monitoring and reporting about activities in ARTES Elements or other relevant Programmes.
- Initiation, preparation and running promotion activities, like workshops with Industry, other agencies or National Delegation as well as media-related activities.
- Initiation of and/or participation in international working groups.
- Master’s degree from a recognized institution of secondary studies or equivalent.
- At least 4 years of relevant working experience in aerospace or telecommunications.
- Experience in an international team is required.
- Very good interpersonal skills, well-organized, pro-active, self-motivated and able to work effectively in a matrix structure.
- Ability to draft technical reports.
- Proven capabilities in preparation of programmatic frameworks requiring system and strategic thinking.
- Experience with Optical Technologies (space and/or terrestrial).
- Relevant experience in requirements analysis, design, implementation and operations, and associated management experience.
- Sound knowledge of the overall space market.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken.
- Attractive remuneration package and advice on tax-free benefits.
- Up to 30 vacations days & additional 12 public holidays based on the 40h working week.
- Advice from our Learning & Development Specialist on most suitable training/courses.
- Extra budget and up to 5 extra days off for your professional development.
- Pension contribution to a tailor-made pension scheme.
- A yearly subscription to the ESTEC gym facilities and a swimming pool.
- Assistance with relocation in case you are moving to The Netherlands from abroad.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.