Are you an enthusiastic Software Engineer and you are eager to join a cutting edge organization which enables the largest and most advanced Research and Education Network in the world? If you have experience in the full stack software development lifecycle and you are eager to take the next step in your career, read below for more information and apply for this position!
You will participate in building extraordinary software that changes how the Research & Education (R&E) networking community collaborates, innovates and shares knowledge.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Interacting with internal and external stakeholders to understand business requirements;
- Agile / Scrum development;
- Testing, reviewing, enhancing and maintaining existing applications;
- Providing level 3 support for developed systems;
- Configuring and managing applications on project workstations/servers;
- Ensuring all work is carried out to the highest quality standards with appropriate detailed documentation;
- Working in a collaborative environment interacting with various stakeholders.
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent, in computer science or information systems, or relevant experience;
- A devops background and able to demonstrate hands-on Full Stack development experience in a Linux environment and working knowledge of Linux Operating Systems;
- Proficiency in Source Code versioning control, specifically GIT and have a good understanding of Agile methodology (Scrum) and Test Driven Development;
- Experience in deploying applications in a virtualised environment;
- Good understanding and experience of computer networks, preferably including optical networks;
- Familarity with PHP, Puppet/Docker/Ansible, security, AA infrastructures & SNMP and Web Services/Java is a plus;
- Willingness to travel withing Europe.
- A communicative and collaborative approach, with open-minded attitude and adaptability;
- A proactive starter finisher interested in scientific research.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.