Are you an IT & Cyber Security professional looking for a new challenge? Do you have experience in handling Crypto material and security monitoring tools as well as File Transfer technologies?
We are looking for a Security Engineer who will join the Octagon Professionals projects team at the European Space Agency in Noordwijk (ESTEC). Read more and apply today!
- The establishment, maintenance and operation of security-related processes and technical infrastructure (general and security specific ICT, access control and intrusion detection systems, encryption devices and networks, etc.) and the execution of administrative activities associated to it.
- Physical Security Definition, set up, maintenance and operation of CCTV, access control and intrusion detection systems of D/NAV directorate dedicated infrastructure for the management of classified and unclassified information.
- Coordination with ESA Security Office for accreditation and with ESA Corporate services (Facility Management for implementation, maintenance and operations).
- Coordination with counterparts in other security offices within ESA (PRS Lab, ETS test facilities, ESOC) for issues concerned with the D/NAV Physical Security and logistics.
- Support the procurement of delta equipment, software and services in the domain of Physical Security.
- ICT Security Definition set up, maintenance and operation of the ICT security related matters of the D/NAV directorate dedicated infrastructure for the management of classified and unclassified information, in close coordination with D/NAV IT manager. This includes:
- Definition, implementation and control of ICT infrastructure for classified information (Galileo Secure Environment).
- Coordination with D/NAV IT manager and ESA Corporate ICT services for delta security-related ICT services (e.g. HD encryption, security threats and incidents, virus alerts handling, etc.).
- Coordination with counterparts in other security offices within ESA (PRS Lab, ETS test facilities, EGNOS) for issues concerning the D/NAV ICT Security.
- Establishment, operation and maintenance of classified communication networks (SINA) in support of procurement and operational tasks.
- Support the procurement of delta equipment, software and services in the domain of ICT Security.
- Provide direct support to the Head of the Physical, ICT & Personnel Security Unit in the management of the Galileo Secured Environment and supervise its day-to-day operations.
- Provide direct technical advice to D/NAV and Navigation Security Office Management to support decisions on ICT, Logistics, and Physical Security.
- Perform and/or supervise the set-up, securing, administration and maintenance of ad-hoc D/NAV ICT infrastructure.
- Ensure that effective backup procedures are in place and carried out in accordance with the SECOPS of the specific system under his responsibility.
- Ensure that the emergency recovery procedures, as detailed in the SECOPS, are in place and exercised at regular intervals.
- Ensure that all personnel having access to a system have the required “Need-To-Know” and are appropriate security cleared, if necessary.
- Ensure that accounting, audit and other security-related records are maintained and examined in accordance with the SECOPS.
- Report any security breaches, vulnerabilities or anomalies to the responsible management, the ESACERT as appropriate, and take the necessary actions deriving from the incident response.
- In possession of EU/national/NATO personal security clearance up to SECRET.
- Previous experience and qualifications in INFOSEC & Physical security.
- Previous experience with:
- System hardening and accreditation process.
- Handling Classified Information and its protection (NTK, ACL, RBAC, FIM).
- Handling Crypto material (Keys, Smartcards).Public Key Infrastructures (PKI).
- Microsoft Windows Server and Client environments, Active Directory, GPOs.
- Linux platforms.
- Virtualisation technologies (VMWare vCenter, Horizon View).
- Networking technologies like Switches, Routers and Firewall configuration.
- ITIL and/or PRINCE2.
- ISO 27000 implementation.
- Voice-over-IP technologies, Asterix PBX and Cisco IP Phones.
- Knowledge and working experience with security monitoring tools (SIEM, Syslog) & File Transfer technologies (FTP, SFTP).
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to work independently, under pressure and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- High senses of rigour, proactive attitude to solving problems.
- A very good working knowledge of spoken and written English is essential.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!