Are you a senior sales professional with hands-on experience in sales to the public sector and strong people management skills? Do you want to continue your career in a multinational organization committed to innovation, competency, learning and constant development of its people? Our client, one of the leading in the defence related industry in Europe, is opening an office in Amsterdam and is looking for a result-driven and dedicated Sales Manager to overlook the activities of the EU regional offices and ensure the further success of the company. If this sounds like an interesting opportunity to you, please continue reading.
- To build the image of the Company and long-term profitability by assessing real value of the opportunities, understanding which opportunities to approach in order to establish the company products as the standard products within a given market;
- To establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales targets for regions and territories; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products;
- To ensure that the sales targets of the organization are met through effective management, planning and budgeting;
- To support the decision making on GO/NO GO for projects;
- Responsible for being the conduit between BD & Marketing Director and the RSMs;
- To plan and carry out all management activities for the RSMs and their assigned territories including decisions regarding future course of action for team members;
- To motivate team members, making the team work as a single unit working towards a common objective.
- Achieving all HR objectives, including: Recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees in their assigned territory; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures and acting as a pillar of support for the team;
- Meeting organizational financial objectives by forecasting requirements and providing intelligence and feedback on competition activity and products; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances; initiating corrective actions;
- Mapping potential customers and generating leads for the organization;
- Managing complex sales cycles and multiple engagements simultaneously;
- Maintaining sales pipeline and conducting monthly business reviews;
- Participating in sales events;
- Monitoring competitors, market conditions and product development;
- Recommending product lines by identifying new product opportunities;
- Solving problems related to bid submission, planning, production, delivery and acceptance when requested as support by the team;
- Maintaining data and records for future reference;
- Monitoring monthly/weekly reports submitted by RSMs;
- Maintaining sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Fluent speaker of English and at least one other European language;
- Experience in tender submission preferably in the defence industry ;
- Management of a team of at least 10 people;
- Previous experience in a corporate environment;
- Willing to travel;
- Work in a structured and precise manner.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.