Are you a seasoned, entrepreneurial, and result-oriented project manager in the renewable energy industry? Are you looking for your next challenge? Would you like to be part of a multinational engineering company? If yes, please read further.
Our client develops and constructs renewable energy power plants in three continents. They invest in Solar, Wind and Storage with Build & Operating Expertise, and have offices in New York, Amsterdam, Istanbul, Mumbai and Singapore. For the Netherlands they are now looking for a Project and Operations Manager, Europe who will be responsible for managing all operations within Netherlands and in the European Union.
- Agreeing annual budgets and producing a detailed annual business-operating plan are tasks the Project and Operations Manager may have to deliver.
- Produce business performance reports, which could be on a monthly or quarterly basis.
- Recruit and manage staff, including performance monitoring, and possibly mentoring and training.
- Interfacing with Finance team to develop and structure project-opportunity-specific finance solutions.
- Identify and pursue key business development opportunities.
- Daily contact with partners, developers, agents, financial institutions, contractors and subcontractors is a big part of the Project and Operations Manager job; therefore, the ability to communicate effectively is essential.
- Deliver operational leadership and assume full P&L responsibility for all contract relationships between the company and its portfolio of industry customers, ensuring the company sustains market share in the Netherlands renewable energy sector, achieves return on associated capital investments and delivers profitable growth.
- On award of contracts, lead the delivery teams in achieving their goals and objectives and ultimately ensure all contract requirements are delivered on time, within budget, technically compliant and to the highest standards of safety, quality, and operational excellence.
- Provide ongoing support to business acquisition and bid preparation, working closely with colleagues in pursuit of new contracts or extending existing contract work scopes.
- Deliver performance management objectives, agreed business plans, budget and targets and report on both plus and minus factors impacting on the business. In essence adopt a “no surprises” approach to reporting and leadership and try to sustain an incident free work environment for the operations.
- Engage government and non-government local stakeholders to enhance company’s reputation and subsequent management of any risks.
- Understand and manage HSE, integrity and commercial risks, ensuring the implementation of safe systems of work to safeguard the health and safety of all personnel working in Netherlands and in EU.
- Deploy suitable controls over local procurement and ensure robust terms and conditions are in place for each contract.
- Interfacing with the Operations team on all structural and technical renewable project aspects.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Civil or Electrical engineering or equivalent;
- A minimum of 5 years of demonstrated project management experience within the renewable energy industry;
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of an organization; Fluency in English and Dutch, both written and spoken is a must; Knowledge of German will be an asset;
- Strong systems skills and knowledge of Microsoft applications especially MS Project;
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.