Do you have an engineering background and you are looking for a next step in your career? Are you proficient in at least one automation platform such as Siemens S7, Rockwell/Allen-Bradley, ABB 800XA, or Schneider Controls? If so, do not wait and contact us today!
As a Project Engineer you will be responsible for designing and implementing automation systems and related control platforms. Responsibilities will be driven by customer projects and include direct customer interaction, documentation, instrumentation and electrical panel design, programming and field testing. Your work will be split between the company’s office and the customer site.
Team Leadership & Sales Support
- Provide technical guidance for a project team of 2-10 engineers;
- Serves as a technical contact for customers;
- Identify and assign tasks within the project team;
- Lead customer meetings;
- Assist with proposal generation by estimating hardware costs and the engineering effort required for a project;
- Maintain relationships with existing customers.
Instrumentation & Electrical Design
- Assist with designing control systems’ network architectures and control strategies;
- Create panel layouts and electrical schematics for controls enclosures.
System Design and Configuration
- Lead customer design review meetings;
- Lead customer demonstrations and acceptance testing;
- Has a firm competency of one or more control systems platforms or processes;
- Execute internal functional and quality control testing;
- Develop new control algorithms, graphics, interfaces from inception;
- Review/comment on control system specifications and testing documentation.
Onsite System Startup
- Main point of technical contact for company’s Site Managers;
- Leads multiple teams for point-to-point loop checks for all instrumentation;
- Leads multiple teams for functional testing of all systems;
- Troubleshoot installation discrepancies, including 3rd party equipment;
- Develop commissioning test plans;
- Train customer representatives on operations and maintenance of system.
- At least Bachelor (HBO) level education in the field of engineering or engineering technology;
- 3 years of relevant experience;
- Experience in programing & start up of one of the following automation platforms: Siemens S7, Rockwell/Allen-Bradley, ABB 800XA, or Schneider Controls;
- Experience in leading project teams of 2-10 people;
- Flexibility to travel and work “on site”;
- Customer oriented person with outgoing personality;
- Diriving licence cat. B is a must;
- Fluency in English, Dutch language skills will be a strong asset.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.