Are you an experienced Project Controller looking for a meaningful job? Would you like to contribute to finding the answer to the question whether life ever existed on and below the surface of Mars?
Octagon Professionals is currently looking for a Project Controller to join an exciting Human and Robotic Exploration department in ESTEC. Read more about the ExoMars project and get in touch with us!
You will be reporting directly to the Head of ExoMars Project Control and be involved in the ExoMars Missions which are one of the flagship project of the European Space Agency. Having successfully placed a scientific orbiter around the Red Planet at the end of 2016, the second part of the programme will launch in 2020, in collaboration with our Russian partners, an additional spacecraft composite that will land a complex rover and a scientific platform on the surface of Mars. As such, ExoMars represents Europe’s most ambitious robotic exploration mission since Rosetta.
The two ExoMars missions aim to answer one of the outstanding scientific questions of our time, that of whether life ever existed on and below the surface of Mars. In the process of doing so, ExoMars will also demonstrate new technologies needed to pave the way for a future and even more ambitious Mars Sample Return mission during the next decade.
- Prepare, develop and maintain the ExoMars overall Cost at Completion (CAC), financial planning and associated reporting activities.
- Bring together information on the ExoMars schedule, cost and risks in order to provide to the management an integrated view of the programmatic status of the Project.
- Review and check the ESA internal expenditures including recharges, support services and purchases for consistency.
- Support the Risk management process of the Project.
- Coordinate the Financial, Accounting and Fixed Asset Management activities of the project, and conduct its daily business in a manner that is fully IPSAS-compliant, interacting with the Agency’s Corporate Finance Division or the External Audit Commission as required.
- Participate in the evaluation of Contract Change Notices and preparation of Disposition Records.
- Participate in the financial closure of contracts once the activities are finalised.
- The job will require substantial interaction with other key stakeholders inside ESA such as Finance and Procurement Services, and also outside of the Agency like for example the ExoMars industrial consortium.
- While conducting all the above, the holder of this post will have to demonstrate the capability to work autonomously and at the same time be able to work effectively as part of a team. The position is to be filled by an experienced project controller, with a focus on cost control and expertise in the use of Financial IT tools.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or in Business Administration and at least 4 years of professional experience in a relevant field;
- Excellent English language skills;
- Experience in controlling and/or management of activities and resources in aerospace industry will be an asset;
- Highly proficient in the use of modern activities and resource management support tools/databases of standard office automation support software packages including in particular advance usage of Excel (Ms-Office and in particular advanced use of Excel);
- Experience as user of SAP and in particular ECC and SRM modules and familiarity with relevant ESA corporate applications e.g. ESA-p) will be a strong advantage.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.