Do you have at least 2 years of experience in vendor management, procurement, and/or cost estimation? Are you looking for your next challenge? Would you like to be part of a multinational engineering company? If yes, please read further.
Our client develops and constructs renewable energy power plants in three continents. They invest in Solar, Wind and Storage with Build & Operating Expertise, and have offices in New York, Amsterdam, Istanbul, Mumbai and Singapore. For the Netherlands they are now looking for a Purchasing Manager, Europe.
Purchasing and Contract Manufacturing Responsibilities:
- Develop standardized processes and contract (MSA, subcontractor agreements, etc.) templates – with support of legal counsels if required – for procurement of equipment and services.
- Be the primary point of contact for negotiating contract and/or purchase order terms and conditions for major equipment, agreement with distributors and support the Construction group on contract for any subcontracted services;
- Organize and maintain quote database by leveraging relationships with key vendors, distributors and contract manufacturers and obtaining monthly/quarterly updated pricing against our pipeline Spot check availability and prices of major equipment as required on specific opportunities.
- Source, qualify and engage new supply, manufacturing, logistics partners or equipment suppliers to support the markets of focus through RFP’s, site visits/formal audits and approval by management;
- Visit project sites and or vendors as needed to deal with product quality issues;
- Provide expertise and efforts towards the development and implementation an integrated Procurement and Contract Manufacturing System including processes and KPI’s as part of the overall EPC Program
Management System Quoting Support and Cost Database Maintenance:
- Support review of Customer RFP’s (incl. amendments, questions and answers) and final proposal revisions (FPR’s) to scope Seek pricing through RFP’s to support quoting of new opportunities for cases where the cost database and regular updates through price lists are insufficient (locations, volumes, timeframes or other factors of the opportunities are specific enough) for major equipment, as required.
- Run formal RFP process for tendering construction activities subcontracting.
- Continuously develop and maintain the database of historical quotes with Business Development to ensure an easy and quick-to-search system to standardize and accelerate quoting timelines while increasing the accuracy of proposals;
- Create analyses and reports on historical quotes by market of focus (Europe) to generate a general knowledge base and develop estimating tools useful for high level estimating;
Strategic Vendor Relationship Management Responsibilities:
- Lead pipeline forecasting communication, quarterly pricing and commercial negotiations with key “commodity” equipment suppliers (solar modules, inverters, battery storage, racking systems);
- Recommend and draft for review and approval by Manager strategic MSA’s with supporting business cases;
- Share new technology reports/updates from major equipment suppliers with the team, when relevant;
- Seek through research or referrals and help assess and qualify with Operations team members, strategic construction (civil, mechanical, electrical) and labor;
General Management Responsibilities:
- Develop internal and external resources (consultants, suppliers, subcontractors, labor agencies, etc.) around purchasing best practices;
- Support implementation of any Purchasing/Invoicing and ERP systems
- Self-manage and schedule priorities for Project vs. Strategic Maintain clear and effective communications with the team on updates of operations and projects in progress;
- Plan and communicate to direct and functional staff and Manager work-sharing plans, back-up plans for vacations, time travelling during time-off.
- Organize adequate project filing as required and audit data archiving, etc.
- Track on an on-going basis your time allocation to opportunity and other business development activities and support Accounting with timely monthly submission, if required;
- Minimum 2 years industry experience in vendor management, procurement, and/or cost estimation;
- Supply chain management training / certification;
- Experience with raw materials and/or industrial electrical procurement considered an asset
- Knowledge of standard purchasing practices and international/European quality standards and tools (ISO, CE, etc.);
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate issues with other groups and team members;
- Must be able to work legally in Netherlands and travel periodically to EU countries;
- University Diploma or equivalent work experience;
- Must have valid Passport and driver’s license; Work travel may be 35-50% of time;
- Fluent in English.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!