Are you an experienced Logistics Specialist looking for your next step in your career? Do you have an affinity with the supply chain or public health domain and a passion for customer service? If yes, search no more!
Our client is a leading supply chain company that aims to offer innovative approaches to improve health and wellbeing around the world! They’re looking to hire a Logistics Specialist to support them and share the organization’s values.
You will serve as the global logistics expert for a portfolio of assigned countries and utilize logistics expertise for various countries of delivery. You will be responsible for working within the import/export documentation requirements and managing the smooth shipment and delivery of quality-assured, health-related commodities. You will also be responsible for the smooth implementation of daily Third-Party Logistics (3PLs) operations and provide proactive management from goods readiness through last-mile/in-country delivery. Lastly. You will also be responsible for maintaining data accuracy from the point of goods readiness to proof of delivery and confirmation of receipt.
- Ensure timely logistics execution (plan, execute, monitor) of the international transport of goods (export, shipping lanes etc.), importation and clearance, and in-country delivery of goods for all categories of products.
- Lead troubleshooting of transport and delivery challenges; proactively address other issues as they arise.
- Monitor vendor overall performance on a regular basis to ensure necessary export documents are received timely and orders are delivered on time, in full.
Client Relationship Management:
- Provide customer service while acting as the primary point of contact for logistics to principal recipients, client, 3PLs, vendors, and other stakeholders.
- Provide regular and timely updates (Order Overviews) to principal recipients and ensure that they are able to track orders using visibility platform and deliver training (on importation requirements) as a part of the onboarding process.
- Provide training to 3PL partners, as a part of the on-boarding process, on importation requirements for portfolio countries and review importation processes and communication expectations.
- Work collaboratively with the principal recipients, vendors, internal and external, and partner organisations on logistical issues.
- Work closely with 4PL Services and the client to monitor waiver lead times, and update the matrix as necessary. Additionally, communicate key changes in waiver lead time and/or process in country to Logistics Manager for proper escalation.
- Maintain system-related changes required on planned shipment costs, milestones, and confirmation of delivery in coordination with the 3PLs throughout the shipment management process.
- Maintain and update ERP system at the order and shipment levels, to ensure internal data accuracy and external reporting are optimal.
- Adhere to established logistics policies and standard operating procedures, and seek and identify opportunities for improvements in the operational processes and daily activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in logistics, transportation, supply chain management, public health, or other related area or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years’ experience in supply chain operations, transport, or logistics required.
- Must be eligible to work in The Netherlands.
- Critical operational and complex organizational problem-solving experience required.
- Previous client relations or customer service experience required.
- Experience with ERP or other supply chain management systems required.
- Experience in supply chain with high value and temperature-sensitive products is preferred.
- Experience in the international, public health sector or working with donor agencies is preferred.
- Experience working in a developing country is a plus.
- Fluency in English is required; other languages (French, Spanish, Portuguese) are a plus.
- Strong organizational skills, solutions-oriented and ability to prioritize.
- Team player who is also able to work independently in an international environment.
- Ability to work comfortably with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Knowledge of Microsoft Project desirable.
- Willingness and availability to travel.