Are you a professional with a Master’s degree and at least 10 years of experience in the space sector? Do you also have experience in product and quality assurance? If so, this opportunity might be for you!
We are looking for a PA & Safety Support Engineer who will join the Octagon Professionals projects team at the European Space Agency in Noordwijk (ESTEC). Read more about this exciting opportunity and apply today!
Support the Galileo Ground Segment PA Unit in all the activities related to the execution of the Galileo Ground Segment Product Assurance and Safety Programme, including:
- Guiding and monitoring the implementation of PA&S requirements by contractors to assess performance/effectiveness, participation in design reviews and directing the necessary preventive or corrective actions;
- Supporting the process for evaluation and approval of contractors’ waivers and deviations supporting the project non-conformance process and attendance/organization of non-conformance/anomaly review boards as necessary;
- Ensuring the implementation of the Ground Segment PA Requirements baseline across the applicable Galileo Ground Segments;
- Monitoring the integration and test activities with quality assurance audits, mandatory and key inspection points, test witnessing and configuration inspections;
- Supporting the definition of the formal acceptance requirements and conduction of acceptance reviews of all contractual deliverable items;
- Ensuring the preparation of design trade-offs, analyses and reports using RAMS data to support project decisions;
- Supporting Security activities for ground segments as appropriate;
- Support the maintenance of the Navigation Directorate Quality Management System;
- Guiding and monitoring the application and procurement of EEE parts, materials and processes and controlling implementation of applicable requirements;
- Produce reports on guidance provided, monitoring activities performed and status of compliance to applicable requirements;
- Support to launch campaigns.
- Master’s degree from a recognized institution of secondary studies or equivalent;
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the space sector including 5 years in Product and Quality Assurance;
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree organizational and communication ability, and comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment;
- Knowledge of Configuration Management or the implementation of Product Assurance within a quality system certified to ISO 9001 would be an asset;
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken. Knowledge of another official ESA language is an asset.
- Attractive remuneration package and advice on tax-free benefits.
- Up to 30 vacations days & additional 12 public holidays based on the 40h working week.
- Advice from our Learning & Development Specialist on most suitable training/courses.
- Extra budget and up to 5 extra days off for your professional development.
- Pension contribution to a tailor-made pension scheme.
- A yearly subscription to the ESTEC gym facilities and a swimming pool.
- Assistance with relocation in case you are moving to The Netherlands from abroad.
Application deadline: Monday, 6th of May
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.