Are you an Engineer with a Master’s Degree and with at least 4 years of relevant experience in the space sector? Are you familiar with space product assurance practices? If so, this opportunity might be for you.
We are looking for a Software PA Support Engineer who will join the Octagon Professionals projects team at the European Space Agency in Noordwijk (ESTEC). Read more about this exciting opportunity and apply today!
Support the Galileo Ground Segment PA Unit in all the activities related to the execution of the Galileo Ground Segment and Software Product Assurance and Safety Programme. This includes the following main tasks:
- guiding and monitoring the implementation of Ground Segment and Software PA&S requirements in order to assess performance/effectiveness, participation in design reviews, and directing the necessary preventive or corrective actions;
- supporting the process for evaluation and approval of waivers and deviations;
- supporting the project non-conformance process and attendance/organization of non-conformance/anomaly and software review boards as necessary;
- ensuring the implementation of the Ground Segment and Software PA Requirements baseline across the applicable Galileo Ground Segments;
- monitoring the ground segment and software integration and test activities with quality audits, test witnessing and configuration inspections;
- supporting the definition of the formal acceptance requirements and conduction of acceptance reviews of all contractual deliverable items;
- ensuring the preparation of design trade-offs, analyses, and reports using RAMS data to support project decisions;
- supporting security and cyber-security activities for ground segments as appropriate;
- support the maintenance of the Navigation Directorate Quality Management System.
- Master’s degree in software engineering or computer science with a background in space engineering.
- At least 4 years of professional working experience.
- Familiarity with space product assurance practices together with a good working knowledge of appropriate working tools.
- Practical experience in applying ECSS S/W standards.
- Knowledge and proven experience in the following areas: o Configuration management of complex systems.
- Software engineering and PA in critical applications.
- Experience in (or knowledge of) the following areas would be considered as an asset for this position:
- Agile practices (e.g. Scrum Master / Product Owner; other Agile frameworks as SAFE, Lean, or Kanban).
- Quality assurance for Machine Learning models.
- Big Data software architectures and life cycles.
- Data quality assurance.
- Cyber-security assurance, security evaluation, and certification, ISO-27001.
- Hands-on experience with static code analysis and tools.
- Alternative software development life cycles, continuous integration, and tools.
- Attractive remuneration package and advice on tax-free benefits.
- Up to 30 vacation days & additional 12 public holidays based on the 40h working week.
- Advice from our Learning & Development Specialist on the most suitable training/courses.
- Extra budget and up to 5 extra days off for your professional development.
- Pension contribution to a tailor-made pension scheme.
- A yearly subscription to the ESTEC gym facilities and swimming pool.
- Assistance with relocation in case you are moving to The Netherlands from abroad.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.