Are you someone with entrepreneurial and collaborative spirit and a voracious appetite for perpetual learning and personal growth, with strong communication skills and the ability to clearly tell a data-driven story to a room comprised of internal teams, prospects, and/or clients, do you want to broaden your career? Do you want to work in an inspiring, sustainable, and inclusive environment? Then keep reading!
Our client, an ambitious international marketing agency providing consultancy and pilot testing center focused on helping global, enterprise brands better anticipate, understand, and capitalize upon the emerging market, customer, and competitive trends is looking for a Marketing Research Manager and Analyst.
We are looking for an outgoing, results-driven analyst able to serve as the lead architect and analyst for research projects that support various strategic planning and insights projects, while also being a key subject matter expert and contributor to the new business units’ growth.
- Identifies and defines the objective of an assigned marketing research project; determines the best methods to use to meet those objectives and leads any outsourced research partner selection and relationships.
- Drafts and designs (or leads the process with an outsourced research partner) questionnaires, polls, surveys, and other data collection resources.
- Focus on the 5 C’s to help inform and inspire strategic thinking, planning and execution: Customer, Category, Competition, Company and Channel (both routes to market and communication channels).
- Researches and compiles data related to current product and service market (Category), Customer demo/psychographics, interests, and behaviours (Customer), and factors influencing product and service demand (Company/Channel/Competition); analyses results to identify insights and routes of maximizing sales and market penetration of current and future products and services (Competition/Channel).
- Compiles data related to Competitor’s products such as pricing, sales, and marketing or distribution methodology.
- Summarizes and analyses data; generates actionable insights and makes recommendations related to research findings.
- Reports findings, complete with managing or supporting the data visualization and written text explaining complex findings.
- Identifies potential new opportunities, ideas, and threats through research and data analysis.
- Forecasts and tracks industry marketing and sales trends based on collected data.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Participate as a marketing research thought-leader by speaking at conferences, seminars, and classes and publishing and distributing white papers, blogs/vlogs, podcasts, etc.
- Minimum four-year Bachelor’s Degree in marketing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Superior research and analytical skills.
- Ability to translate complex concepts and methodologies into easily understood, and actionable, language.
- Proficient with research related software, methodologies, and models.
- At least seven years’ experience working in marketing insights, marketing research and/or data analysis.
- While working in a marketing agency environment is not required, experience working with marketing agencies is desired.
- Solid understanding of the role of data in informing marketing strategies and actionable insights.
- Excellent interpersonal and relational skills; ability to collaborate successfully with prospects, clients, and internal cross-discipline teams.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.