Are you an NET Engineer and have a passion for Air Navigation? Do you have experience in implementing and operating network systems? Our client operates in the Safety of Air Navigation industry and is currently looking for a junior Network Engineer to join their team! If this is something for you, apply!
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Identify malfunctioning hardware and/or software for the purpose of implementing necessary corrective actions, resolving technical problems and provide ongoing support to the end-users of the operational MADAP networks and non-operational OFFICE network;
- Perform primary network system administration on network and IT Network Security equipment;
- Assist in the design, development, configuration, installation and maintenance of network systems;
- Conduct analyses and testing of network systems for the purpose of documenting findings and ensuring efficiency;
- Create utilities for the purpose of automating repetitive and daily routines;
- Implement new network operating systems and application software for the purpose of ensuring compliance with licensing, patches and updates according vendor and/or IT security guidelines;
- Monitor LAN/WAN Infrastructure for the purpose of measuring performance and/or ensuring the se- cure and reliable operation of all MADAP networks and its Network Security Infrastructure;
- Drafting of TE2 documentation, e.g. Build state documents, Test documentation, Version documentation, Baseline Documentation in accordance with MMS 2.x;
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the NET Team.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications), or equivalent professional ICT experience;
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in networking and IT security technology: practical experience in network troubleshooting is essential on network equipment together with experience in the field of hardware installation, system integration, testing and servicing activities.
- Practical Experience with following brands: CISCO, JUNIPER, CHECKPOINT, FORTINET, BLUE- COAT…;
- Cisco CCNA and/or Juniper JNCIA accredited;
- Detailed knowledge of data communication protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP/S, FTP…), Firewall Security, VPN Technologies, Load Balancing, SSL, Proxy, Routing, Switching;
- Knowledge of Quality of Service and experience designing/implementing QoS in an enterprise environment;
- Familiar with network management tools and SIEM. (e.g. CA Spectrum & Splunk);
- Familiar with design concepts in LAN/WAN design;
- Experience in a project environment, quality/security standards, configuration management & tools;
- Good knowledge of MS Office tools Word, Excel, and Visio;
- Ability to draft clear and concise technical papers in English.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.