Octagon Professionals is currently looking for an ICT Engineer to join European Space Agency in Noordwijk. You will provide support to the Internal Services department and report directly to Head of Technical IT services. If that sounds like an exciting next step in your career, read more and apply!
Your responsibilities will include:
- Setup a DOORS environment for various ESA projects and directorates;
- Setup and maintain a Cloud service for DOORS;
- Identify requirements based on classified and unclassified DOORS environments depending on projects needs;
- The user access to the DOORS system will be also from outside ESA firewalls for authorized external users (e.g. Industry, EU, GSA). In the case of access from outside the ESA firewall is necessary, it will be made by means of security tokens, subject to the ESA Security policies. Certain projects might not allow external access from outside ESA firewalls;
- Work closely with corporate IT services to find the best possible solutions for DOORS environments for internal and external users;
- Specific consultancy shall be available to configure each DOORS project independently and ensure that only authorized person can access a specific project space.
You will provide support to the user community to:
- Provide assistance in the technical and functional use of the applications under the Contractor’s responsibility;
- Address requests related to applications and products out of his scope to the relevant support groups keeping the user informed.
In addition, you will provide expert advice regarding current system functionality and respond to:
- Requests for manipulation of the database (e.g. generation of specific script for data upload, application configuration, etc.);
- Requests for data extraction, ad-hoc reports, etc.;
- Troubleshooting applications errors not requiring intervention of the development team.
- Master’s degree in information technology or equivalent and at least 4 years of relevant working experience;
- A deep understanding of IBM DOORS is required;
- Proficiency in databases systems (e.g. Oracle, MariaDB, etc.);
- A good experience in developing Web applications using standard application frameworks and related Web technologies;
- Capable of Java (web) development;
- Capable in Software development (Pascal, C, C++, Java, Spring, Hibernate, PL/SQL, Perl, PHP, VB);
- Proficient in Software Debugging;
- Proficient in running operational environments.
- A very good working knowledge of spoken and written English language is essential. Excellent communication skills (written, interpersonal, negotiation, etc.) are crucial;
- Must be able to train and explain issues to users over the telephone and email, and to maintain clear communication with the ESA’s technical responsible on all tasks and projects;
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks simultaneously;
- High sense of rigour, proactive attitude to solve problems;
- Service orientation.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.