Do you have experience in accounting? Are you currently looking for the next challenge in your career? Our client is currently looking for an Inventory Accounting Manager to join their team in the Hague! Are you ready for the next step? Apply now!
As part of the Material Management Team, you will be primarily responsible to examine inventory accounting records, including financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to standards defined within the department.
- Monthly analysis of inventory;
- Actively build relationships with Supply Chain and Finance leadership to ensure that Inventory Accounting is considered a key stakeholder in key decisions and strategies;
- Work cross functionally with Supply Chain stakeholders to provide metrics, measures, and recommendations;
- Design and implement processes to improve visibility into inventory information;
- Act as a main contact for the Company’s external auditors during walk throughs, control testing, and inventory validation procedures;
- Develop high-impact presentations to communicate: Status of projects and results of internal control assessments, Inventory Accuracy, and Projects / Initiatives;
- Utilize an advanced knowledge of key internal control concepts to create, update, standardize and improve documentation of business processes and internal controls;
- Ensure that cycle count process conforms to standards defined within the department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Supply Chain or a business-related field;
- Minimum 2-5 years of prior accounting experience to include cost accounting, reserve calculations, general ledger, and financial reporting assistance in a well-established corporate environment, supporting multiple locations;
- Strong technical knowledge of inventory transaction cycle and the accompanying accounting entries;
- Interest in developing and implementing procedures and process improvements;
- Technical accounting knowledge around Inventory / COGS;
- Problem structuring and strategic problem solving skills;
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal), and the ability to work cross-functionally;
- Self-starter, eager to learn, result-oriented and creative strategic thinker;
- Intermediate to advanced level experience with Microsoft Excel required, and strong use of other Microsoft products a plus;
- Experience with AX Dynamics 2009 preferred;
- Experience with SAP is a plus.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.