Octagon Professionals is constantly looking for the top talent available, who have a passion for space and/or space technology and is interested to join Octagon for projects at the European Space Agency in Noordwijk, The Netherlands (ESTEC).
ESTEC is a driven and technically strong organization, which seeks further additions to their teams in highly qualified, experienced professionals with an innovative mind, who can think independently, act safely and have the courage to challenge the limits and deliver the greatest value.
If you have over 4 years of relevant experience and think you have what it takes to join the technical center/’heart’ of European space activities, let us know!
Please contact us for further information on +31 (0) 70 3249 300 and/or send your application/CV to email@example.com. All enquiries and applications will be treated with the utmost confidentiality.
- Provide support to the Project Management in the domain of ICT, Physical Security and INFOSEC.
- Act as technical interface with ESA corporate services (facility management, Informatics, ESA Security Office, etc.) for matters concerned with ICT, INFOSEC, physical security and logistics.
- Support the procurement of equipment and services in the domain of ICT and security.
- Perform and/or supervise and secure the set-up, administration and maintenance of ad-hoc IT infrastructure.
- Act as technical interface for ICT, security and logistics issues concerned with test and launch campaigns.
- Support the Project Officer in the management of the GALILEO Secured Environment and supervise day today operation and maintenance.
- Provide technical advice to management decisions on ICT, logistics and security matters.
- A solid academic background, with an IT related University degree and numerous years of relevant working experience in the IT sector.
Specific knowledge of:
- Office productivity: PC (desktop, laptops) and virtualised based system aspects under Windows and Mac OS and Linux, and related peripherals, printers, plotters, CDROM, DVD, etc.
- Microsoft Office Professional package (in particular MS Excel and Access) in combination with Web based applications (using OLE automation) and Microsoft Windows server environments, Active Directory and Networking.
- Windows Server and Client platforms, Mac OS X Server and Client, iOS platforms, Linux platform, virtualisation technologies (e.g. Citrix, VMWare).
- Oracle databases (10g and 11i) and related database applications (design, development and operations) as well as SQL and PL-SQL language, with preferably experience in developing web application using Oracle Application Express.
- Microsoft SQL Server and related database applications (design, development, operations).
- SAP modules and infrastructure knowledge.
- Development of web portals, web sites including the “mini websites”, graphical lay-out and editing websites; familiarity with the ESA customized web content management system IPS is an asset.
- Knowledge and working experience with Collaboration and DMS tools and platforms such as Microsoft SharePoint, WebEx and Lotus Sametime.
- Messaging technologies and systems, e.g. Lotus Domino.
- Networking technologies.
- PABXes, Voice-over-IP, mobile telephone technologies.
- Video Conferencing, preferably the complete Polycom suite of products and services.
- Experience with ITIL and/or PRINCE2.
- Eligibility to national personal security clearance.
- Previous experience and qualifications on INFOSEC & Physical security.
- Experience on launch campaign and space project logistics.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.