Octagon Professionals is constantly looking for the top talent available, who have a passion for space and/or space technology and is interested to join Octagon for projects at the European Space Agency in Noordwijk, The Netherlands (ESTEC).
ESTEC is a driven and technically strong organization, which seeks further additions to their teams in highly qualified, experienced professionals with an innovative mind, who can think independently, act safely and have the courage to challenge the limits and deliver the greatest value.
If you have over 4 years of relevant experience and think you have what it takes to join the technical center/’heart’ of European space activities, get in touch with us!
- Manage processes and tasks relevant to the projects/activities, ensuring deliverance within restrictive timescales and in line with the IT Department’s business model.
- Perform business and technical analysis for potential Customer needs.
- Produce requirements and project documentation in close liaison with the Customer and in line with the IT Department’s QMS and project management procedures.
- Propose and present technical and architectural propositions.
- Prepare and present project management plans, Statements of Work, and other relevant documents.
- Fully analyse service providers/partner solution proposals in terms of “best practice”, technical quality, technical and architectural proposition, and financial cost effectiveness.
- Ensure that 3rd party suppliers/service providers deliver within contract terms, through effective management, planning, communications and maintenance of SLAs/KPIs.
- Maintain a close liaison with service providers/partners for delivery, regularly communicating status and progress throughout the projects.
- Plan for and manage handover to operations, in line with project delivery plans.
- Planning, controlling and reporting financial aspects related to projects.
- Actively participating in contract negotiations, tenders and audit related activities.
- Liaising with ESA Administrational staff in Finance/Contracts/Procurement/HR for work related aspects.
- Working with team/IT Department members on joint Customer and Corporate infrastructure related activities/projects.
- Perform technical activities related to Launch Campaigns.
- Provide Technical IT support to Customer, Corporate and Industry based project/activities.
- A solid academic background, with an IT related University degree and numerous years of relevant working experience in the IT sector.
- Expert knowledge and profound experience in technical and business process analysis.
- Proven technical knowledge of bespoke/commercial/ESA systems and applications, productivity tools, hardware platforms and tools, virtualised/cloud environments, network/communication environments, diverse IT infrastructures, IT security principles.
- Proven project management and organisation skills, including monitoring time and expenditures.
- Experience with ESA’s administrative processes within Finance/Contracts/Procurement/HR.
- Fluent in English, with excellent written and verbal communication skills Position.
- Attractive remuneration package and advice on tax free benefits.
- 30 vacation days & additional 12 public holidays based on the 40h working week.
- Advice from our Learning & Development Specialist on most suitable trainings/courses.
- Extra budget and up to 5 extra days off for your professional development.
- Pension contribution to a tailor-made pension scheme.
- Yearly subsribtion to the ESTEC gym facilities and a swimming pool.
- Assistance with relocation in case you are moving to The Netherlands from abroad.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.