Are you an experienced HR Manager looking for your next career step?
Our client is a global ship management company with headquarters in Amsterdam. The HR Manager will play an instrumental role in professionalizing the company and implementing HR “best practices”, setting the HR strategy agenda for the company, including a strategy for recruiting and retaining talent in conjunction with senior management of the company. This agenda will be closely tied to the commercial objectives and requirements of the company.
- Managing the recruitment process, including identifying new candidates, and coordinating succession planning, preparing and sending job offers for potential candidates, and onboarding new employees;
- Manage the termination and retirement process;
- Preparing and approving employees contracts, ensuring that contracts are complying with local laws and regulation;
- Assisting and guiding new employees with relocation process (when applicable), supporting with all the logistics involved;
- Responsible to fill and apply working permits to none Dutch employees, communicating with IND regarding 30% ruling if and when applicable;
- Filing and monitoring all employees’ documents, alerting before expiry/renewal required;
- Collecting feedback from employees and sharing it with the management team;
- Serve as a “point of first contact” for all of the company’s shore-based employees (Head office in Amsterdam, the Netherland and liaison office in Mumbai, India) and will manage employee relations;
- The HR manager will assist in the career development, team building, training (and succession planning) of employees;
- Monitoring employees’ attendance in Amsterdam and Mumbai offices.
- Responsible for preparing yearly HR events plan accordance with yearly budget;
- Responsible for the office administration, office supplies, and office appearance;
- Responsible for the payroll and HR system;
- Preparing and presenting HR data during yearly management review.
- University degree (Bachelor’s degree in Public or Business Administration, Human Resources Administration or a related field);
- HR experience;
- Excellent understanding of HR “best practice” policies including employment law;
- Computer literate in the use of Microsoft Office applications, databases, and in-house software applications;
- Fluent written and spoken English;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity;
- The ability to negotiate and mediate, as well as to discipline;
- Analytical skills;
- Awareness of how HR ties into the company’s commercial objectives;
- Strong management and administrative skills;
- Highly dedicated and committed to company targets and strategy.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.