Are you a Human Resources professional with at least 2 years of solid experience in an international environment? Are you proficient in SAP suite and payroll calculations are a piece of cake for you?
We are looking for an HR Assistant Administrator who will join the Octagon Professionals projects team at the European Space Agency in Noordwijk (ESTEC). Read more below and get in touch with us today!
You will provide support to the Human Resources Division and when required work closely with the Human Resources Advisors as well as regularly interface with colleagues from other HR Services and with external parties.
You will work autonomously as the main contact point for a defined group of ESTEC staff (ca. 250-300 FTE) and be responsible for the execution of the full range (“A to Z”) of day-to-day Staff Administration processes.
Specific tasks include:
- Recruitment of all categories of staff, from the preparation of vacancy notices, to the approval of the recruitment proposals;
- Follow-up and timely preparation of probation reports and contract extensions;
- Reassignment letters and critical review of Terms of Reference;
- Administering arrival and departure processes for all categories of Trainees (including preparation of contracts, extensions and departures letters);
- ESTEC contact point for insurance related queries;
- Generation and maintenance of payroll inputs;
- Contract administration spanning over the whole career;
- Verification of entitlements to allowances and benefits;
- Administration of working time and leave;
- Preparation of statements.
In addition, you will be in charge of a number of specialized tasks, e.g.:
- Administrative lead in relation to one or several international schools;
- Reimbursement of social security premiums for dependent children;
- Education Allowance calculation for pensioners;
- Daily inputs for time management requested via the dedicated email account;
- Data inputs to the cloud-based HCM suite (SAP SuccessFactors), followed by verification of the payroll results calculated by the interfaced SAP on-premise payroll solution;
- Data input and maintenance of several systems including SAP Human Resources Management System, MAS, Lotus Notes, MS Excel and MS Access databases, electronic archives, shared drives etc.;
- Using SAP SuccessFactors to produce reports for the systematic verification of the accuracy and consistency of HR data.
- University Degree (minimum Bachelor level) in a Human Resources area;
- At least 2 years of relevant experience with HR administration, preferably within an international environment;
- Fluent communication skills in English and, in particular, the ability to draft clear correspondence;
- Must have experience with on-premise SAP HCM suite, in particular for payroll calculation and verification. In addition, experience with cloud-based HCM suites (e.g. SAP SuccessFactors, Workday) would definitely be an asset;
- Proven experience in the use of IT tools such as SAP, MS Office applications (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint), Lotus Notes and other databases;
- Strong appetite for contributing to the digitization of administrative processes in the public sector;
- General interest in, and understanding of legal texts in the area of HR;
- Ability to interpret and explain ESA rules and procedures;
- Resourceful and focussed on delivering best practices in public administration, together with a good customer service;
- Excellent sense of discretion and confidentiality;
- Attention to detail, affinity with figures and swift follow-up of actions;
- Strong organisational and time management skills with a proven ability to prioritise;
- Resourceful approach to problem solving;
- Strong work ethic and flexibility to work under pressure in a fast paced environment;
- High degree of self-motivation, energy and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.