Do you have more than 5 years of experience as a Business Developer? Do you want to be part of a late-stage start-up company? If yes, search no more.
Our client is looking for a Head of Business Development to join the company’s mission to reinvent the personal mobility industry! Founded in Japan, the innovative healthcare technology company decided to expand its business across Europe, establishing its European Headquarters in Amsterdam.
As the Head of Business Development, you will oversee the entire business development operation together with the Managing Director and VP Finance & Operation.
- Support the Management team with the transition from a distributor driven business model to a D2C model;
- Lead new business initiatives and tactics that could maximize both revenue and profit;
- Study local regulations and insurance systems for localized business strategies;
- Find reliable business partners and nurture/manage partnerships;
- Negotiate agreements with distribution and/or other business partners for mutual benefit;
- Provide monthly sales forecasts for inventory control and planning;
- Maintain a regionally consistent brand image by leading business partners ;
- Create, maintain and update monthly reports to effectively communicate business status with all internal stakeholders and the Management team;
- Support the introduction of an advance yet cost-effective PR and Marketing strategy;
- Support the implementation of sales and marketing automation for an efficient and lean process;
- Bring and try new business models unprecedented in the traditional mobility industry;
- Engage in practical tasks whenever and wherever needed to maintain the entire BD activities.
- 5-10 years of working experience – preferably at a start-up company or a small and medium-sized company;
- Proven negotiation skills are a must;
- Experience in managing a team of at least 2-3 members;
- Some account management experience is preferred;
- English proficiency in written and verbal communication in business;
- Dutch, Italian, French, or German proficiency is preferred;
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills;
- Strong desire for personal development and new learnings;
- Able to travel incidentally under regular or pandemic (Covid-19) circumstances if required for due diligence.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.