Are you a Data Protection and Regulations expert with a desire to work in a fast-paced environment where there is never a dull moment? Are you Flexible and adaptive with a focus on execution and a desire to overcome challenges and find solutions?
Our client, a cutting edge data network provider for the R&E community, is looking for a General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Lead to join their team in the Amsterdam Area. Do you think you have what it takes? Read on for more information!
The role is expert in, and requires the ability for interpretation of specific regulation and legislation (Data Protection Act, General Data Protection Regulation, Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations, legislation/regulation and guidance), relating to the way in which the organisation and wider community holds and uses information, personal data, including customer propositions and products, and to the supply, sales and delivery of those to customers.
Primary duties will be:
- Accountable for ensuring compliance with all related privacy and data protection regulations;
- Be involved, properly and in a timely manner, in all issues that relate to the protection of personal data;
- Maintenance of relevant registrations and build excellent working relationships with the UK ICO, Dutch DPA and such other DPAs and European Agencies as may be appropriate or desirable;
- Provide a best in class Data Protection and Privacy information hub and consultancy service within across the community;
- Ensure client maintains its position at the centre of Data Protection and Privacy advice, best practice and information brokering;
- Accountable for maintenance and implementation of the action plans that derive from compliance activities;
- Lead on the resolution of data protection complaints from the public and staff, all requests from individuals, and own the means to capture, process and close such requests;
- Cooperate with and act as the contact point for the relevant supervisory authority on issues relating to processing and consult, where appropriate, with regard to any other matter.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field;
- Significant experience in a large, complex environment with primary focus of activities in regulatory compliance and risk management;
- Broad and current understanding of security risks and controls;
- Demonstrable experience of working closely with IT/IS functions to establish pragmatic/optimum security solutions to identified risks;
- Proficient in taking complex/technical subject matter and refining/presenting to the business at any level so as to result in understanding and appreciation;
- Working knowledge of ISO 27001, Data Protection and other regulatory environments;
- ITIL V3, CobiT, COSO, ISF;
- Willingness and ability to travel within Europe;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.