Are you an experienced and enthusiastic Field Service Engineer looking for the next step in your career? Are you willing to join the Amsterdam branch of a globally esteemed fast growing company and be able to contribute to the expansion of their client base in the EU.
Our client, a Japanese electronic device manufacturer in the area of industrial computers, networks, measurement and control is looking for a Field Service Engineer to work both from the local office and on-site with distributors and clients throughout Europe. The ideal candidate would have background in Industrial IoT, Industrial PCs, Industrial I/O Cards for Data Acquisition & Control and M2M Devices. The role offers international work environment, enthusiastic team and excellent opportunity to contribute to the development of new market segments.
- Resolving technical issues and providing technical support;
- Installing new systems;
- Conducting trainings, e.g. hands-on trainings and seminars;
- Developing and delivering product demonstrations at trade shows;
- Conducting system diagnosis;
- Performing system modifications and upgrades;
- Generating sales leads, cross-selling;
- Providing input into acquisition process;
- Bachelor of Engineering, Bachelor of Applied Sciences, BSc Electrical Engineering, Industrial Automation, or Mechanical Engineering (or similar degree);
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a field sales engineer;
- A proven track record of commercial success in a similar position;
- You are a flexible, analytical, and customer & service oriented person;
- 2 or more years’ experience in a sales position;
- You are willing to travel (50-60%);
- You are fluent in English and preferably German;
- Familiarity with the Japanese business culture is a plus;
- Experience in intercultural communication;
- PC Peripheral Devices: USB, CF, Display, LAN, COM, SATA, Bluetooth, IEEE1394, CameraLink, SCSI etc.
- PC Components: CPU, memory, HDD, SSD, M/B, Power unit, Chassis, Extension Slot etc.
- PC OS: including Windows, Linux etc. (RTOS preferred)
- PC networks: RS232C, RS485, RS422, Ethernet, FieldBus, Wi-Fi, Access Point
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.