Are you a professional with experience in education projects? Do you have a Master’s degree in a STEM discipline and at least 4 years of experience?
We are looking for an ESERO Project Officer who will join the Octagon Professionals projects team at the European Space Agency in Noordwijk (ESTEC). Read more about this exciting opportunity and apply today!A
- Supporting the follow up of all ESERO contracts; acting as one of ESA Education contact points for the ESERO Project Managers, following-up on STEM education deliverables (teacher training, classroom resources and activities, project awareness raising), reporting and invoicing related issues.
- Supporting the organization of progress meetings with each ESERO Office and related stakeholders/national partners, as well as providing support to the organization of annual workshops with all ESERO managers.
- Providing feedback to ESERO national operators on the suitability of ESERO deliverables from the point of view of their scientific/technical and educational accuracy and adequacy.
- Ensuring the proper transfer of ESA technical and scientific know-how, properly filtered for educational purposes, to the ESERO network; to this end, liaise with the ESA/ESERO Working Groups, and with ESA scientific and technical experts for fact and information finding and filtering; facilitating access to ESA experts when required.
- In accordance with the demand and opportunities identified by ESA and the ESEROs, proposing ways to make ESA educational content and activities accessible to education networks and providers.
- Supporting the evaluation of ESERO activities against Key Performance Indicators.
- Responding to the direct contacts and requests from education stakeholders, networks, projects and providers in the ESA Member States and, when required, in the EU Member States and/or beyond European level.
- Contributing to the promotion of ESERO activities through appropriate outreach channels within and outside ESA, and ensuring the compliance of ESERO activities with the outreach guidelines in force.
- Contribute to the outreach activities of the ESA Education office when required.
- Master’s degree from a recognized institution of secondary studies or equivalent in a STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics), and experience in large scale education projects, possibly at European level.
- At least 4 years of relevant working experience.
- Active school-level STEM teaching and communication are an asset.
- Experience in international environments.
- Autonomy in the execution of tasks and the ability to manage workload and identifying priorities; ability to cope with pressure, meet deadlines and deliver on time.
- Good communication skills, verbal (in public and during formal meetings) and written; ability to work in a team.
- Availability to travel.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken. Knowledge of another official ESA language is an asset.
- Attractive remuneration package and advice on tax-free benefits.
- Up to 30 vacations days & additional 12 public holidays based on the 40h working week.
- Advice from our Learning & Development Specialist on most suitable training/courses.
- Extra budget and up to 5 extra days off for your professional development.
- Pension contribution to a tailor-made pension scheme.
- A yearly subscription to the ESTEC gym facilities and a swimming pool.
- Assistance with relocation in case you are moving to The Netherlands from abroad.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.