Are you an Electrical Engineer with a Master’s degree and at least 5 years of experience? Do you have experience with high and low voltage installations?
We are looking for an Electrical Engineer who will join the Octagon Professionals projects team at the European Space Agency in Noordwijk (ESTEC). Read more about this exciting opportunity and apply today!
- Providing active assistance to the EFM Electrical Engineer in charge of the ESTEC electrical installations under the responsibility of the EFM division, and to the Electrical Compliance Engineer.
- Controlling, monitoring and reviewing- notably by means of key performance indicators- the execution of preventive- and corrective maintenance activities carried out by the on-site maintenance contractor (or by sub-contracted third-party companies) on the general infrastructure technical installations.
- Reviewing, coordinating and monitoring all activities related to the construction, renovation, or modification of the technical infrastructure installations; these activities are of various nature: ad-hoc requests for works, refurbishments, new projects or investments.
- Monitoring and controlling the compliance with the applicable norms and Legislations of all the works carried out by the on-site maintenance contractor or other third-party companies on the technical installations.
- Preparing work descriptions, technical specifications, or any other technical documents necessary for the coordination of small to large size projects related to technical installations.
- Providing active assistance on multi-disciplinary projects where works/activities on the technical installations are involved.
- Providing active assistance for the preparation, organization, review and validation of work acceptance tests after construction, renovation, modification or maintenance of the technical installations.
- Implementation and maintenance of service and quality assurance procedures.
- Providing active assistance for studies about the operational condition, the performance, the upgrade and improvement of the technical installations and preparing corresponding improvement plans.
- Liaising closely with colleagues within the section, in or outside the department, and with the site maintenance contractor.
- Identifying and implementing measures that will contribute to ESA’s commitment to reduce its energy consumption and CO2 footprint.
- Aid on short notice in case of technical problems, operational requirements or emergencies.
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or in Facilities Management Engineering.
- At least 5 years of experience in building infrastructure and Facilities Management, with Electrical Engineering as an area of expertise.
- A proven capability in the above areas of responsibility and technical Facilities Management systems. A good knowledge of building automation tools is required.
- Good knowledge of the applicable norms and legislation, notably the applied electrical safety legislation and norms.
- Being able to manage, run and supervise works on high- and low voltage installations NEN-EN50110 (NEN 3840 and NEN3140) and NEN1010.
- Be in possession of the relevant certification or ready to obtain the corresponding Dutch qualification by following the appropriate training.
- Sound analytical skills; can analyze any situation, issue or installation and create a clear and detailed technical report for root cause analysis, improvement or repair.
- Good skills in the MS Office software package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio).
- Being able to work autonomously and be eager to learn and acquire further knowledge in building systems engineering.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken. Knowledge of another official ESA language is an asset.
- Attractive remuneration package and advice on tax-free benefits.
- Up to 30 vacations days & additional 12 public holidays based on the 40h working week.
- Advice from our Learning & Development Specialist on most suitable training/courses.
- Extra budget and up to 5 extra days off for your professional development.
- Pension contribution to a tailor-made pension scheme.
- A yearly subscription to the ESTEC gym facilities and a swimming pool.
- Assistance with relocation in case you are moving to The Netherlands from abroad.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.