Are you a seasoned professional, with at least 4 years of experience in document management and control? Are you currently looking for your next assignment in an international organization? Would you like to join a dynamic and fast-paced environment such as the one in the European Space Agency? Octagon Professionals is seeking an English-speaking Documentalist to join ESA in Noordwijk! If you feel this can be your next challenge, apply today!
As a Documentalist, you will cover the daily operation, maintenance and change control for records in the Navigation Directorate’s Documentation and Configuration Management System. This includes the participation in and to support improvements of the processes related to the use of electronic documentation and configuration systems, management tools (e.g. for action tracking) and other relevant IT tools. The documentation and configuration tasks are rendered by the CADM Office to given programmes, projects and specific organizational entities within the Navigation Directorate.
Your responsibilities will be (but are not limited to):
- Document registration, distribution and archiving, as well as provision of reproduction services of documents and media;
- Regular review of the status of documents in the different archive and storage locations and align this information in the Documentation and Configuration Management System database;
- Process configuration controlled document changes and official papers relevant to the activities of the unit;
- Generation and maintenance of documentation and configuration tracking lists;
- Support to the management of the User Account List to the Directorate’s servers and services;
- Support to users for entering and retrieving documents from various Documentation and Configuration Management related server systems (internally and externally);
- Liaising with industrial partner’s CADM officers and documentalists for exchanging data and resolving documentation and configuration related issues;
- Provision of paper copies of electronic documents on request, creation of electronic versions of documents and management of original files;
- Support to all documentation and configuration related tasks for technical and non-technical reviews;
- Support to the Directorate Document & Records Officer (DDRO) in discharging relevant functions;
- Support to enhancements of the document management concepts and of future improvements;
- The above tasks must be implemented in line with applicable Directorate’s Configuration Management processes and standards in close collaboration with relevant CM authorities.
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or related field;
- At least 4 years of relevant working experience incl. proven experience in documentation management;
- Fluent English, both written and spoken;
- Highly proficient in the use of modern activities and resource management support tools/databases of standard office software packages including advance use of Excel;
- Experience as user of SAP and in particular ECC and SRM modules and familiarity with relevant ESA corporate applications e.g. ESA-p) is an asset;
- Good knowledge of the specific activities and/or organisation, of the applicable configuration management working procedures and support tool(s) are an asset;
- The work associated to this position can require handling of classified documentation. The candidate shall confirm to be eligible and willing to apply to a Personal Security Clearance. The previous possession of a Personal Security Clearance will be considered positively;
- Ability to rapidly understand and adapt to ESA specific context and environment including ESA corporate IT applications. Past experience with ESA in relevant activities is an asset.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.