Are you entrepreneurial and experienced in marketing strategy, do you want to broaden your career? Do you want to work in an inspiring, sustainable, and inclusive environment? Then keep reading!
Our client, an ambitious international marketing agency providing consultancy and pilot testing center focused on helping global, enterprise brands better anticipate, understand, and capitalize upon the emerging market, customer, and competitive trends is looking for a Director of Marketing Strategy and Development.
We are looking for an outgoing, results-driven manager able to serve as the lead architect for consulting services and products, while also being a key subject matter expert and contributor to the new business units’ growth.
- Support the Agency Strategy unit’s operations and growth through relationship development, solutions ideation, proposal composition, and pitching, winning, and onboarding new clients.
- Create and direct, with designated core team, the strategic frameworks, models, and processes Agency Strategy will deploy with existing and new clients.
- Create and direct forward-focused strategic marketing initiatives for existing and prospective clients.
- Participate in an annual Agency”State of the SMB” Global research study or initiative.
- Propose and lead strategy sessions/workshops to elicit the necessary requirements and insights from clients and prospects with the aim of developing effective strategic marketing recommendations.
- Focus on five core areas of strategic marketing insights and planning for prospects and clients: Customer, Competition, Category, Company and Channel.
- Identify and support any primary or secondary research activities, led by the Research Analyst, undertaken to generate actionable insights around the 5 core areas for our clients.
- Provide guidance to our client services, creative and production teams to infuse a strategic mindset that permeates the entire Cargo ecosystem.
- Work closely with other Strategy team members and Cargo’s research, analytics, digital, and CX strategists and specialists to formulate and deliver key strategic insights.
- Collaborate with likeminded and focused outside SMEs, including clients, partners, strategists, and iconic leaders and decision makers.
- Provide leadership and support to the Agency business development team to identify new business opportunities to propose and deliver innovative and counterintuitive marketing strategies to prospective clients.
- Participate as a marketing strategy thought-leader by speaking at conferences, seminars, and classes and publishing and distributing white papers, blogs/vlogs, podcasts, etc.
- Minimum four-year Bachelor’s Degree in marketing.
- At least ten years’ experience working in marketing strategy/insights, marketing consulting and/or strategic planning.
- While working in an agency environment is not required, experience working with agencies is desired.
- Proven success leading and managing teams and strategic projects such as the generation of annual marketing plans and budgets, Go-to-Market strategies, customer segmentation studies, and other advance thinking and strategic planning initiatives.
- Deep-seated knowledge and experience with digital marketing strategy required.
- Solid understanding of the role of data in informing marketing strategies and insights.
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail, and excellent verbal, presentation, and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and relational skills; ability to collaborate successfully with prospects, clients, and internal cross-discipline teams.
- Ability to write and present proposals, nurture prospects and client relationships, and command the attention of a room of C-suite executives from global, enterprise companies.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.