Are you a professional with a Master’s Degree and experience of the application of RAMS engineering to space programs? Do you have knowledge of the Navigation domain?
We are looking for a Dependability and Safety Support Engineer who will join the Octagon Professionals projects team at the European Space Agency in Noordwijk (ESTEC).
- Contribute to establishing project-specific programmatic and technical dependability and safety requirements within the framework of the ESA Product Assurance & Safety baseline.
- Support for projects in the evaluation and monitoring of the Contractor’s plans, technical specifications, and efforts proposed for the execution of the dependability and safety programs.
- Support for the concurrent design facility (CDF) studies by performing technical risk assessment and relevant dependability and safety analyses.
- Evaluation of dependability and safety analyses, technical notes, technical risk assessments, risk reduction processes, and the associated preventive or corrective actions.
- Defining and controlling the implementation of the applicable dependability and safety-related acceptance requirements including risk acceptance criteria.
- Support dependability and safety verification activities, including hazard close-out and disposition of related NCR, RFW, and Critical Items.
- Participating in project reviews to assess compliance with the applicable RAMS requirements and to formulate accept/reject recommendations.
- Support collection and exploitation of In-orbit data;
- Support R&D activities (e.g. TRP, GSP, GSTP, CDs Dossiers, etc);
- Contribute to continual improvement of the RAMS methods and tools;
- Support preparation of training courses and materials
- Support organisation of conferences and workshops;
- Participate in collaborative activities with universities, research institutes and industry (Research Fellowship, OSIP…);
- Support preparation and assessment of Safety Data Package for Safety Authority approval.
- Master degree in the relevant study and at least 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Relevant experience of the application of RAMS engineering to space programs, including in-ground and/or ground-based systems and operations.
- Experience in the design and engineering of safety-critical systems.
- Hands-on knowledge of the RAMS analyses and methodologies (Hardware and Software), preparation of relevant RAMS documentation during the overall project life-cycle, and application of ECSS dependability and safety standards.
- Experience in dependability and safety engineering management processes and objectives and experience during operations is an advantage.
- Experience in the field of ground safety and project assistance in obtaining the relevant launch center safety certification is an advantage.
- Knowledge of RTCA/DO-178C “Software Considerations in Airborne Systems and Equipment Certification” and related certification schemes, and experience in interfacing certification authorities is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of EU Safety Directive as “Directive 98/37/EC Machinery”, Directive 99/92/EC Risk from Explosive Atmospheres”, “Directive 97/23/EC Pressure Equipment” and other safety directives relevant for space is considered an asset.
- Familiarity with space product assurance practices together with a good working knowledge of appropriate RAMS tools is an advantage.
- Knowledge of the Navigation domain would be an asset.
- Attractive remuneration package and advice on tax-free benefits.
- Up to 30 vacation days & additional 12 public holidays based on the 40h working week.
- Advice from our Learning & Development Specialist on most suitable training/courses.
- Extra budget and up to 5 extra days off for your professional development.
- Pension contribution to a tailor-made pension scheme.
- A yearly subscription to the ESTEC gym facilities and a swimming pool.
- Assistance with relocation in case you are moving to The Netherlands from abroad.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international markets. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.