Are you a talented Data Scientist with advanced experience coding with Python? Are you able to work effectively within a customer-facing environment? Do you have hands-on experience in statistics and probability? If yes, read further!
Our client, a global supply chain visibility company, is looking for a dedicated professional with solid theoretical and practical machine learning knowledge who will be able to visually display quantitative information.
- Provide guidance on how to carry out Data Science projects from design to deployment;
- Constant improvement of operational and historical analytics, predictive analytics, machine learning;
- Proficiency in employing the appropriate algorithms to discover patterns;
- Validation of information, how long the information is meaningful, and what other information it is related to;
- Advising to methods and algorithms that lead to findings, including new information;
- Ability to build relationships with business, understand complex business problems, and propose technical solutions;
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to encourage delivery of high-quality software products;
- Providing support in understanding the principles and the math behind the Data Science process to drive organizational buy-in;
- Presenting and illustrating the rationale of their findings in easy to understand terms for the business;
- Keep track of the performance of decision systems and statistical models;
- Developing probabilistic and statistical models;
- Ensuring that the information used is in compliance with the regulatory and security policies in place;
- Ensuring a strong commitment to quality and deliverables and milestones.
- Hands-on experience coding with Python (preferable, experience with Pandas preferred) and R for machine learning;
- At least 3 years of intensive quantitative and qualitative research and analytics experience;
- Keep track of successfully applying machine learning models in practice and at scale;
- Big data visualization and BI experience;
- Strong knowledge of statistical techniques;
- Experience with Database Design and Complex Stored Procedures in Microsoft SQL Server 2014 or later is a must;
- Be able to manipulate large datasets with missing and noisy data;
- Experience with time-series alignment from heterogeneous data sets;
- Work with machine learning algorithms;
- Ability to integrate open-source machine learning and proprietary algorithms with existing data workflows;
- Overall passion and curiosity for learning and applying new big data toolsets and frameworks;
- Well-versed in advanced probability and statistics;
- BS or MS in a computer science-related field;
- Familiarity with basic principles of distributed computing and/or distributed databases;
- Proficiency in statistical analysis, quantitative analytics, forecasting/predictive analytics, multivariate testing, and optimization algorithms;
- Experience with assimilating data through varied sources is valued;
- Advice on solutions to loosely defined business problems by leveraging pattern detection over potentially large datasets;
- A penchant for identifying and clarifying ambiguous requirements;
- Excellent communication and leadership skills;
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented personality with a “can-do” attitude and strong work ethic.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international markets. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.