Does the thought of working with high volume data processing systems interest you? Do you have a strong passion for Data, and prefer working in an environment which is dynamic and challenging? Are you situated in Amsterdam or one of its surrounding areas and have at least 3 years of experience as Data Engineer? If so, we could have a great opportunity for you.
Our client, one of the leading Energy companies based in Amsterdam is looking to add a dynamic Data Engineer to its ever-growing Data Analytics team. Your main function will be to maintain and improve on all existing Data processing structures providing accurate Datasets.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Optimize and identify the best methods to collect, store and analyze Data;
- Create optimal ETL processes for the purpose of working with Big Data sets;
- Be able to integrate with an API to extract and manage the information;
- Writing high-quality code;
- Collaborate with Data Scientist to provide insight into important business decisions.
- A bachelor’s degree;
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Data Engineer;
- Hands-on experience with functional programming languages (Python, R);
- Hands-on experience with Big Data technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Hive, Spark);
- Experience with Data Warehouse design, ETL (Extraction, Transformation & Load);
- Strong algorithm & data structure knowledge;
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team.
What is offered:
- A gross annual salary of €55 000 – €60 000 per annum;
- 24 vacation days;
- Training and Development
- 8% annual holiday pay;
Are you what we looking for?
Do you fit the description? If so, then we would like to receive your application by no later than the 30th of November, 2018. For any additional information and queries contact Sharn Gomes on +31 (0)6 3176 2571 or Sharn.email@example.com
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Data is a full-service Data recruitment services firm with experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals in Business Intelligence, Data Science and Data Engineering allows us to offer flexible solutions customized to individual needs.