Do you have experience in the container shipping/logistic industry at a management level? Octagon Professionals is currently looking for a result-oriented Country Manager with a solid background in sales and business development to join a global and dynamic company in the shipping industry located in the heart of Rotterdam. If you would like to hear more about this opportunity, read below for more information and let’s get in touch!
The main purpose of this role is to lead and direct all day to day activities of the country driving the business to profitability, new level of excellence, efficiency, effectiveness and high level customer service. You will be also responsible for leading and managing the team to ensure all business goals and commercial targets are reached, leading the country to long term success, being a role model for excellence, and constantly strive to improve and develop new business opportunities.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Responsible for enlarging country customer base, performance results vs sales targets;
- Customer Service: provide the best level of service to customers and build a trustworthy and long lasting relationship according to global CS standard of service;
- Responsible for logistics and port operation activities in the country;
- Finance: overall responsibility for country working capital and financial statements;
- Lead interfaces and achievements with other global/regional functions, and countries in the company;
- Manage cargo flow policies in order to bring to the best results;
- Manage the country according to the local regulations together with company best practice;
- Represent the company in all local authorities;
- Business Development:
- Responsible for country business development;
- Improve company brand in the local market: take part in conventions, develop relationships with customers based on trust, and enhance interactions with local authorities.
- Improve Results:
- Manage the country by outstanding performance under set of KPIs and targets;
- Achieve budget forecast in terms of sales, quantities, revenues, costs, operational profits as well as market share;
- Direct profit and loss responsibility for the country.
You will need to have:
- At least 10 years of professional experience in container shipping/logistics industry at management level;
- Degree in Business or related education;
- Fluency in German and English is mandatory; Dutch considered a plus;
- Significant experience in sales and business development – customer network and commercial background;
- Leadership and mentoring: accomplished successful results while keeping good relations with all interfaces (customers, vendors, colleagues, managers, employees); experience in leading a team, guide own employees; influence on cross functions on productivity and level of motivation;
- Results oriented: focus on outcomes and achievements, concentrate on meeting objectives, delivering to the required time, cost and quality, and hold performance to be more important than procedures;
- Proactivity: challenge existing way of work, initiate new ideas and seek new opportunities;
- Business approach: understanding of market trends, defining initiatives and finding top notch solutions;
- High level of independence: manage, coordinating between all relevant interfaces in order to get results;
- Working in dynamic and intense environment: to lead changes and to make optimal decisions in uncertain environments.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.