Octagon Professionals is constantly looking for the top talent available, who have a passion for space and/or space technology and is interested to join Octagon for projects at the European Space Agency in Noordwijk, The Netherlands (ESTEC).
ESTEC is a driven and technically strong organization, which seeks further additions to their teams in highly qualified, experienced professionals with an innovative mind, who can think independently, act safely and have the courage to challenge the limits and deliver the greatest value.
If you have over 4 years of relevant experience and think you have what it takes to join the technical center/’heart’ of European space activities, let us know!
- Projects data collection, analysis, normalisation and entry into the existing Cost Engineering database.
- Cost models development. This includes cost, schedule and risk aspects.
- Cost Estimates including schedule and cost risk estimates.
- Provision of Cost Estimate reports according to the ESA standards.
- Accountability records consisting in comparing in a structured manner the external estimates and prices versus the internal estimates.
- Benchmarking and calibrating internal and external cost models.
- Day to day relations with ECOS Software development contractor.
- Training to ECOS Users.
- Maintenance of ECOS files library.
- ECOS Bulletin preparation.
Those tasks will be performed:
- Using related ESA Corporate or Cost Engineering specific software tools, documentations systems, and databases.
- Interfacing with the relevant actors within the Directorate, with ESA Programme Directorates and with ESA Corporate Services.
- A solid academic background, with a University degree in engineering and numerous years of relevant working experience, preferably in the space sector.
- Proven experience in cost engineering.
- Familiarity in the use of standard office automation support software packages (such as Word, Excel) and of commercial database system (e.g. Access), electronic mail and Web based applications.
- Fluent in English, with excellent written and verbal communication skills position.
- Attractive remuneration package and advice on tax free benefits.
- 30 vacation days & additional 12 public holidays based on the 40h working week.
- Advice from our Learning & Development Specialist on most suitable trainings/courses.
- Extra budget and up to 5 extra days off for your professional development.
- Pension contribution to a tailor-made pension scheme.
- Yearly subsribtion to the ESTEC gym facilities and a swimming pool.
- Assistance with relocation in case you are moving to The Netherlands from abroad.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.