Are you an engineer experienced in configuration management and you are looking for an exciting opportunity in a dynamic working environment?
We are looking for a Configuration Management Engineer who will join the Octagon Professionals projects team at the European Space Agency in Noordwijk (ESTEC). If you believe to be the right candidate, do not hesitate and get in touch with us today!
Product Configuration support:
- Analyse and contribute to the specification of relevant processes for Segment and System CI identification, verification and control in support of engineering activities;
- Support implementation and maintain programmatic, contractual and technical Baselines;
- Contribute to the generation of product documents such as Product Tree, CIDL, ABCL, CSAR and CSR (Configuration Status Report);
- Follow-up and document product configuration evolutions from as-contracted, as-designed, as-developed, as delivered, as-deployed, as-installed to as-operated;
- Perform configuration audits, inspections and CI identification;
- Configure, operate, report from and improve CM databases.
Project Change Control support:
- Prepare and follow-up as secretary of an entrusted Configuration Control Board (CCB) including improvement of the CCB Terms of Reference;
- Support processing and disposition of CCB documents for review and approval including improvement of the relevant DMPs (Document Management Plan);
- Provide status data and maintaining a well-structured record system for relevant CM processes and transactions;
- Contribute to or maintain entrusted project documentation such as BRN (Baseline Release Note), CISL, DRL and DRDs where requested;
- Support preparation formal CM requirements for inclusion in industrial contracts.
- Support technical and non-technical project reviews by managing the relevant documentation in tools and provide product CM expertise;
- Register, distribute and archive documents, as well as provide of reproductions of documents and media;
- Regular review of the status of documents in the different archive and storage locations and align this information in the Documentation and CM database;
- Generate and maintain the documentation and configuration tracking lists;
- Support the management of the User Account List to the Directorate’s servers and services;
Other support tasks:
- Support users for entering and retrieving documents from various Documentation and Configuration Management related server systems (internally and externally);
- Liaise with industrial partner’s CADM officers and documentalists for exchanging data and resolving documentation and configuration related issues;
- Support to analysis of CM related KPIs for internal and external activities including monitoring of application and maturity of configuration control methods, procedures and standards including identification of improvements;
- Support to the Directorate Document & Records Officer (DDRO) in discharging relevant functions.
- Master’s degree in Engineering or equivalent university degree from a recognized Institution of secondary studies,
- At least 4 years of relevant experience in Configuration Management,
- High level of autonomy and pro-activeness,
- Excellent communication skills and professional maturity that is required to carry out complex tasks and a high level of responsibility,
- Excellent English language skills,
- Eligibility to national personal security clearance relevant to ESA programmes,
- Availability for occasional duty travel.
Technical skills and knowledge required:
- Office productivity: PC (desktop, laptops), mainly in a MS Windows based application environment such as Office 365, in particular good knowledge in MS Excel;
- Expertise in applying and configuring at least one PLM, asset management or CM process relevant tool such as Windchill, Jira, SAP, Eclipse, Hardcat, WAND, ClearCase/ClearQuest;
- Expertise in applying at least two CM process relevant standards such as ECSS-M-ST-40C, NASA IVV-10, CM-II-100, ITIL, SAE EIA-649;
- DOD-STD, MIL-STD, ISO 10007, IEEE Std-828, SEI-CMMI;
- Knowledge of industrial product data representation such as ISO 10303.
- Attractive remuneration package and advice on tax-free benefits.
- 30 vacation days & additional 12 public holidays based on the 40h working week.
- Advice from our Learning & Development Specialist on most suitable trainings/courses.
- Extra budget and up to 5 extra days off for your professional development.
- Pension contribution to a tailor-made pension scheme.
- Yearly subscription to the ESTEC gym facilities and a swimming pool.
- Assistance with relocation in case you are moving to The Netherlands from abroad.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.