Do you have a passion for creating new business, and maximizing sales processes and targets? Are you ready for your next career step towards an inspiring and fast-growing company, giving lots of opportunities to achieve and excel. Octagon Professionals is looking for a highly experienced, skilled and enthusiastic Business and Sales Development Officer to join our clients’ growing team based in Schiphol-Rijk. As a key contributor to the company’s sales processes development, you will have the opportunity to guide and support the client’s capable and motivated sales team advance to the next level.
Our client is a Dutch foundation providing regulatory training courses in multiple fields of aviation to help improve aviation safety worldwide and promote the understanding of existing and new European and international aviation regulations. The role offers an international working environment, in an organization with an enthusiastic and dedicated team as well as plenty of other benefits.
If that sounds like an exciting opportunity, get in touch with us today!
- Understand the current sales processes. Consider all input from the Sales & Account Representatives and propose enhanced sales techniques to maximize sales in line with the organization’s strategy;
- Implement innovative sales to maximize revenues and targets, contributing to the existing sales KPIs;
- Convert the strategic plan of the organization into matching ambitious Sales Plans, and support the sales team to work effectively and efficiently with these plans;
- Understand customers’ needs within all segments. Perform targeted search, acquisition and retention of new customers. This includes gathering concise and clear market- and customer information to the Sales & Account Representatives for proper follow up;
- Produce reports and forecasts to the Financial Manager and senior management on the overall sales activities and prospects, including: o interpreting financial analyses of monthly/weekly financial reports and translating these into new concrete sales actions;
- proposing territory plans which outline how sales targets will be met on an ongoing basis;
- providing forecasts on best case and most likely sales volumes over relevant time periods, and
- providing input on the pricing strategy based on sales activities.
- Work with the Marketing & Communications Officer in developing, executing and following up on lead generation campaigns;
- Provide support on turning inbound opportunities to generate outbound activities;
- Advise on the negotiation of prices, focussing on a healthy profit and high sales conversion rates;
- When needed, in liaison with the sales team: the prospect for, qualify and acquire new course participants to maximize the fill rate in scheduled training courses and generate new quote requests; whilst supporting and guiding on most effective and efficient approaches from the high-level sales perspective;
- Make and execute innovative and highly effective acquisition and account management plans for new (and when applicable existing) key customers, whilst building and expanding relationships/customer satisfaction;
- Supporting and guiding the sales team on the most effective and efficient account management skills that are in line with the organization’s strategy, whilst helping them with current accounts when needed and appreciating all their input;
- Be an ambassador of JAA TO, presenting the organization and its portfolio favorably and in a structured professional way.
- Minimum University (Bachelor’s) Degree level educated, preferably in business administration or disciplines related to sales/marketing etc. Master’s degree (e.g. MBA) is significantly advantageous;
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience with new business sales, no starter. Experience in the Aviation domain is desirable and highly advantageous;
- Excellent knowledge of English, both written and spoken. Dutch fluency is an advantage;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Commercially inclined and opportunistic;
- “Hunter” and “winner” mentality, target-driven and used to work with maximization of sales targets and KPI’s;
- Excellent account management skills along with a diplomatic, pleasant, professional and upright attitude;
- Enthusiastic, strong personal commitment and service- and customer satisfaction-minded nature;
- Leadership and decision-making skills: comfortable with proactively coaching colleagues on new sales and account-management techniques whilst being considerate and respectful;
- Experienced in financial analyses and business concepts. Capable to add value to financial key decisions and to deliver reports and presentations proactively;
- Analytical, with excellent problem-solving skills;
- Professional presentation and dress code;
- Entrepreneur-profile and self-starter;
- Organized and able to work independently, take initiative, work under pressure, prioritize and meet deadlines;
- Capable of gathering – independently – the required knowledge of the organization and of the market in order to fulfill the job satisfactorily and to be a ‘trusted’ person for (new and existing) customers and colleagues;
- Flexible team player with a positive, responsive and respectful attitude.