Are you an Assistant Security Professional looking for a new opportunity? If so, this opportunity might be for you.
We are looking for an Assistant Security Officer who will join the Octagon Professionals projects team at the European Space Agency in Noordwijk (ESTEC). Read more about this exciting opportunity and apply today!
The post covers support in the field of Security Management under the responsibility of the Head of the ESTEC Health, Safety & Security Section. As such it involves oversight of security operations and ensuring that security management procedures are properly conducted at ESTEC.
- Oversight of the security contractor that provides guarding, access and visitor management, monitoring, reporting, fire prevention and firefighting services;
- Ensuring the physical security of the ESTEC site, buildings, activities and events on-site;
- Ensuring proper physical protection of the ESTEC site and adequate preparations for accidents, incidents, calamities or security infringement are in place;
- Executing investigations into security incidents and any lessons to be learned;
- Monitoring and reporting on security practices on-site;
- Maintaining up to date documentation in respect of security procedures and compliance with relevant policies and standards;
- Analyse data and reports to form proposals for improvements;
- Support the ESTEC Head Health, Safety & Security Section;
- Represent the Security and Safety Section in meetings requiring security input and coordination.
- A Degree (Bsc., Diploma or equivalent) from a recognised institution or equivalent is required.
- Applicants for this post should have in-depth previous experience in the field of security supported by formal training. Experience in security management, conducting investigations and conducting security compliance and improvement exercises, is important.
- The applicant should be able to establish effective interfaces. Tact and very good communication skills are required.
- The applicant must be willing and able to hold a Personal Security Clearance (PSC) while in post.
Appropriate skills and specific experience in the following fields:
- Proven record of working experience in an international and multicultural context like ESTEC.
- Knowledgeability to quickly grasp and deal with the ESTEC ethos and culture.
- Ability to write and review/correct (technical) documentation (reports, procedures) in the English language.
- The official languages of the agency are English and French. Very good knowledge of English and a good knowledge of Dutch is essential.
- The incumbent must have excellent communications skills and the ability to work under demanding conditions and deal with complex situations.
- The ability to swiftly grasp, gain knowledge of and be able to work effectively with the particulars of the ESA-ESTEC site, the (operational) procedures and the organisational culture, is essential.
- Attractive remuneration package and advice on tax-free benefits.
- Up to 30 vacation days & additional 12 public holidays based on the 40h working week.
- Advice from our Learning & Development Specialist on the most suitable training/courses.
- Extra budget and up to 5 extra days off for your professional development.
- Pension contribution to a tailor-made pension scheme.
- A yearly subscription to the ESTEC gym facilities and swimming pool.
- Assistance with relocation in case you are moving to The Netherlands from abroad.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.