Do you have experience in providing support to projects or procurement activities? Are you looking for a challenging and international working environment? Octagon Professionals is looking for an Assistant Controller to join the Directorate of Internal Servises in ESTEC/ESA. If that sounds like a perfect next step in your career, read more and apply!
You will provide support to the processes related to the main resources of the organizational entity (i.e. budgets, manpower, staffing), including planning, execution and follow-up of the activities and resources (budgets, manpower, missions, recharges) of the Business Unit.
- Screen and analyse the incoming requests for procurement and ensure the registration of all request and inquiries in the internal tracking system;
- Documentation for correctness/completeness prior to further processing;
- Follow up with the Financial Operations Division on Good Receives Notifications and Invoices. Support in esa-p the mapping of vendor invoices to Delivery request and orders;
- Maintain overview at any time on pending order request;
- Maintain overview at any time on discrepancies of invoices and order request, missing Good receive Notifications;
- Arrange internal re-shipping of goods, in case a direct delivery to the user location was not possible;
- Support vendor RMA process for broken products, handle and manage repair and service requests;
- Maintain overview at any time on complaints and escalation about procurement of wrong items or of missing items;
- Maintain overview at any time of delivery times for all procurements;
- Administrative support of the IT procurement office for engaging with new suppliers and setting up new procurement agreements;
- Liase with the ESA Procurement offices on all sites for issuing RFPs and Tenders for new IT supplier contracts;
- Organize and manage electronic and paper filing and reference system for e-mail, correspondence, internal memoranda, reports, and other documents received or generated by the IT procurement office;
- Prepare briefing files and materials for meetings, search for documentation and compile other materials as required;
- Organize and coordinate administrative arrangements for relevant internal and external meetings and events, including sending out invitations and agenda; provide logistical assistance in relation to the travel of participants.
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognised Institution of secondary studies or equivalent qualification in Business Administration;
- At least 2 years of professional experience in administrative support for projects or procurement activities;
- High sense of responsibility and openness to constructive criticism;
- Ability to work effectively with all clients and stakeholders;
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to continuously learn and improve;
- Initiative and motivation to perform to high standards in a demanding environment;
- A highly methodical approach to work, strong planning capabilities and risk anticipation skills are required;
- A profound knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, especially Microsoft Excel are required. Experience with preparing Powerpoint presentations;
- Knowledge of SAP is an advantage.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.