Are you a lawyer with experience in managing contracts in the procurement of facilities? Are you seeking a new challenge where you can contribute to your knowledge and expertise?
We are looking for an Assistant Contracts Officer who will join the Octagon Professionals projects team at the European Space Agency in Noordwijk (ESTEC). Read more about this exciting opportunity and apply today!
Assisting one or more ESA Contracts Officer in the following tasks:
- Prepare and negotiate the resulting contracts.
- Participate in the monitoring of the execution of the contracts.
- Deal with administrative, contractual, legal and industrial problems arising from the procurements concerned.
For the specific support concerning the sale of equipment, satellite systems products and services to third parties (“external services”) the tasks are as follows:
- Handling requests Assisting in General Procurement (e.g. the procurement of facilities, facility management, on-site construction works, security etc.).
- Prepare requests for offers/invitations to tender.
- Participate in the evaluation of offers and tenders for quotation from external customers (third parties).
- Preparing respective approval requests.
- Submitting proposals to external customers.
- Negotiating and writing contracts with these customers.
- Follow-up executions and administration.
- At least Bachelor’s degree in disciplines such as law and/or economics and/or management/ business administration.
- A talent for the formulation of contractual/legal documents and for negotiations.
- At least two years of experience in contract matters gained either in industry, law firms, or public administration is required.
- Legal background and experience in the domain of General Procurement would be an asset.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software tools. Knowledge of other systems like Lotus Notes and SAP would be an asset.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken. Knowledge of another official ESA language is an asset.
- Attractive remuneration package and advice on tax-free benefits.
- Up to 30 vacations days & additional 12 public holidays based on the 40h working week.
- Advice from our Learning & Development Specialist on most suitable training/courses.
- Extra budget and up to 5 extra days off for your professional development.
- Pension contribution to a tailor-made pension scheme.
- A yearly subscription to the ESTEC gym facilities and a swimming pool.
- Assistance with relocation in case you are moving to The Netherlands from abroad.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.