We are looking for an Application and IT Asset Coordinator who will join the Octagon Professionals projects team at the European Space Agency in Noordwijk (ESTEC). Read more about this exciting opportunity and apply today!
- The Application and IT Asset Coordinator (AAC) interface projects and programs users of the Navigation Directorate (NAV) for all aspects of IT applications, in particular Requirements Engineering tools, foremost DOORS, and supports the management of all IT assets operated by the directorate.
- The AAC is the main person overseeing the status of all directorate-specific IT assets, interfaces the corporate IT functions to maintain compliance and up-to-date license and patch status, and drives the yearly cycles of license and service renewals.
- The processes also require continuous tracking of the user requirements and business cases, support service reviews and IT management meetings with expert knowledge, and analyzing routinely the performance of the directorate’s application installations.
- The AAC provides expert-level support for NAV’s requirements engineering systems, in particular DOORS, which evolves towards an MBSE within the ESA Digital Agenda. Here the AAC defines with users detailed business cases and requirements. Users are directly supported for the set-up of projects, specific configurations, and access management.
- The unclassified NAV DOORS is operated on an ESA Cloud service which is to be managed by the ACC. The tasks include analyzing security and compliance aspects for access to the DOORS system from inside and outside ESA firewalls for authorized external users. The work is done closely with corporate IT services finding the best possible solutions.
- The AAC reports to the Head of the Configuration and Data Management unit (NAV-MMC). The work can entail handling unclassified and classified material.
- University degree (Master) from a recognized Institution of secondary studies or equivalent qualification with substantial coverage of hardware, software, general IT processes, and IT standards.
- Education in ITIL or equivalent IT service management foundation is an asset.
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant experience can be compensated with specific knowledge in the Navigation Directorate’s field of interests.
- The ACC is a professional with excellent knowledge in IT application management, information management, and customer management.
- Excellent understanding of modern IT system and service definition, implementation, and maintenance process.
- Knowledge of Product Engineering and Configuration Lifecycle Management (PLM) and applicable ISO standards are an asset.
- The work associated with this position might require handling of classified data and documentation in dedicated physical locations.
- The ACC candidate shall confirm to be eligible and willing to apply to a Personnel Security Clearance.
- A deep understanding of IBM DOORS is required.
- Proficiency in database systems (e.g. Oracle, MariaDB, etc.>.
- A good experience in developing Web applications using standard application frameworks and related Web technologies.
- Capable of Java (web) development.
- Capable in Software development (Pascal, C, C++, Java, Spring, Hibernate, PL/SQL, Perl, PHP, VB).
- Proficient in Software Debugging.
- Proficient in running operational environments.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken. Knowledge of another official ESA language is an asset.
- Attractive remuneration package and advice on tax-free benefits.
- Up to 30 vacation days & additional 12 public holidays based on the 40h working week.
- Advice from our Learning & Development Specialist on most suitable trainings/courses.
- Extra budget and up to 5 extra days off for your professional development.
- Pension contribution to a tailor-made pension scheme.
- A yearly subscription to the ESTEC gym facilities and swimming pool.
- Assistance with relocation in case you are moving to The Netherlands from abroad.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.