Are you an internationally-minded administrative support specialist fluent in English, Japanese and Dutch? Do you feel excited about being one of the founding members of a fast-growing global company, opening their first office in Europe? If you are looking for a next step in your career and this sounds like an exciting opportunity, please continue to read.
Our client, a late-stage healthcare technology start-up company, headquartered in Japan, is looking for an Administrative Coordinator to support both the expats and the local team and be a focal point of contact for the local service providers and the headquarters.
This position plays a key role in the newly established European headquarters. You are expected to participate in building a long-lasting corporate foundation, by establishing workflows from scratch together with the President, the Corporate Planning Director of the global headquarters in Japan, and the outsourcing contractors. The position entails a cooridnatory role between all related parties. Because of the stage of its organizational immaturity, job responsibilities of this position would cover a widespread area, including settlements, record maintenance, regulatory compliance, legal, payroll, accounting and IT services.
- Maintain office services by organizing office operations and procedures;
- Set up and maintain workflow management system from scratch;
- Manage accounting and payroll outsourcing contractors;
- Handle all legal documents with support from outside advisors;
- Prepare and report monthly financial statements;
- Deal with all HR issues with support from outside advisors;
- Record and report all miscellaneous expenditures;
- Maintain office efficiency by planning office systems, layouts, and equipment procurement;
- Design and implement office policies by establishing standards and procedures;
- Assist the President in maintaining corporate functions.
- Language requirement – English, Dutch, and Japanese (fluent);
- S. or B.A. or HBO in Business Administration or related field required;
- 3 to 5 years of Admin experience required;
- Strong analytical & computer skills; Excel & PowerPoint are a MUST;
- Strong interpersonal communication and coaching skills;
- Ability to interact with both external and internal customers at all levels;
- Detail oriented with a strong aptitude for problem-solving;
- Ability to work independently and exercise good judgment.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.