Octagon Professionals is currently looking for an Administrative Assistant to join the European Space Agency in Noordwijk. Do you have at least 2 years of experience in providing administrative and secretarial support? As an Administrative Assistant, you will be joining the Telecom Satellite Programmes Department (TIA-P). Do you want to join an innovative organization where you will be part of an international and dynamic team? This opportunity might be for you!
Your responsibilities will include:
- Analysing incoming mail-paper and e-mail and presenting these data in an organized and prioritized manner to the Head of Department. Ensuring that important and urgent mail reaches the Department Office to ensure timely responses and following-up of actions;
- On personal initiative or on instructions, collecting information and documents necessary for the Department Staff to take action on given issues;
- Maintaining TIA-P master data in esa-p in particular for Timesheet approval and for Procurement actions (follow up of shopping carts and POs approval);
- Preparation of monthly esa-p reports about Departmental time sheets approval;
- Coordinating actions with other assistants of the department and interface with the other assistants of the Directorate;
- Supporting the Department Head in the preparation and follow up of administrative, organizational as well as contractual matters;
- Interfacing and coordinating activities and meetings within TIA-P department and with the other TIA or ESA departments and support on administrative matters related to use of the relevant systems;
- Check for correct authorization, substantiating documentation and adherence to Agency rules and practice (ref. leave, mission, conference, authorization with regards to Staff Rules and Regulations, as well as financial procedures) before submission for TIA-P Head of Department’s approval;
- Drafting of replies to correspondence and inquiries as appropriate and handling of the registration and distribution of correspondence and filing meetings and missions;
- Answering incoming calls and performing a pre-screening of these calls for direct connection with the Department Head or for reply at a later time. Keeping organized records of these calls and checking closure and follow up Administration;
- Planning/coordinating the Department Head agenda, commitments and meetings, organizing the missions and keeping the Department Head informed on all issues of concern;
- Preparing/coordinating and monitoring the timely completion of inputs for Directorate’s meetings supervising the preparation of files/reports for such meetings and special subjects;
- Preparation of the Department Head’s missions and travel arrangements and associated mission claims;
- Organizing VIP events and participation of the Department Head to any other events as required by his position;
- Collecting and filing of documentation and in particular JCB, legal and financial documents;
- Establishing and maintaining the structure and records and files on the Management Information Systems such as Eclipse, SharePoint.
- A secondary degree preferably in Business and administration discipline;
- At least 2 years of previous relevant working experience;
- Solid experience in assisting Senior Executive is mandatory;
- An excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as very good qualities of order, method, tact, initiative, and in particular discretion are required;
- Highly proficient with modern electronics tools, in particular Microsoft office suite and electronic mailing, preferably Lotus Notes;
- A proficiency in the use of the Agency’s information systems and tools (esa-p, Eclipse) is a definite advantage;
- Fluency in English; a good knowledge of French language will be considered as an asset.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.