Are you an experienced executive assistant looking for a new challenge? Octagon Professionals is currently looking for an Administrative Assistant to join the Directorate of Telecommunications and Integrated Applications (TIA) in the European Space Agency in Noordwijk. If you are seeking a new exciting opportunity, read more below and get in touch!
Your responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating actions with other assistants of the department;
- Planning/coordinating the commitments and meetings, organizing calendar and keeping the Division Head informed on all issues of concern; supervising the preparation of files for such meetings and any special subjects;
- On personal initiative or on instructions, collecting information and documents necessary for the Division Staff to take actions on given issues;
- Analysing incoming mail- paper and e-mail – and presenting these data in an organized and prioritized manner. Ensuring that importantand urgent mail reaches staff to insure timely responses;
- Coordinating actions with the Head of Department (TIA-T ) ; organizing and coordinating high-level meetings (e.g. Steering Boards) with Industry;
- Ensuring the diffusion of information between the Division Head and Teams;
- Answering incoming calls and performing a pre-screening of these calls for direct connection with the Division Head or for reply at a later time. Keeping organized records of these calls and checking closure and follow up;
- Preparation of staff missions and travel arrangements;
- Supporting the Division Head and TIA-T staff in the preparation and follow up of administrative, organisational and contractual matters;
- Composing routine correspondence and keeping a filing system for incoming/outgoing mail. Generating documents and textual and graphics presentations;
- Check for correct authorization, substantiating documentation and adherence to Agency rules and practice (ref. leave, mission, conference, authorization with regards to Staff Rules and Regulations, as well as financial procedures);
- Provide Support to ensure ensuring the implementation and operations of the Department Documentation Management System in accordance with the ISO requirements and TIA processes;
- Establishing and maintaining the structure and records and files on the Management Information Systems such as Eclipse and Daptiv;
- Interfacing and providing support to department staff on administrative matters related to use of the relevant systems;
- Support to reviews and audits, and preparation of files as background for meetings and special studies;
- Administering and maintaining the office documentation systems. Setting up the folder structure, registration, filing and distribution of correspondence and other documentation. Follow up of departmental actions using the Eclipse Documentation Management System.
- 5+ years of administrative assistance experience at the executive level;
- Secondary education and professional training in administrative techniques or in secretarial related activities;
- Fluent English language skills;
- An excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as very good qualities of order, method, tact, initiative, and in particular discretion are required;
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio and Outlook, Sharepoint;
- A proficiency in the use of the Agency’s information systems and tools (esa-p, Eclipse) is a definite advantage.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.