Are you a seasoned professional, with a background in administrative support? Octagon Professionals is currently looking for an Administrative Assistant to join the Directorate of Earth Observation (EOP) in the European Space Agency in Noordwijk. If you are seeking a new challenging opportunity, read more below and get in touch!
- Day-to-day support to Unit personnel regarding business travel arrangements, leave management, coordination of training;
- Dealing with incoming telephone calls and information requests;
- Analysing incoming correspondence and documentation and managing distribution of outgoing correspondence and documentation;
- Provision of various logistic support to the Unit;
- Arrivals (office, phone, computer, security, access to databases, information systems) and departures (deregistration, etc.) of Unit personnel;
- Ordering of office supplies and maintenance of stationary;
- Room and resources bookings for meetings and/or events falling under the responsibility of the Unit;
- Administration and handling of shipment of goods and express mail;
- Tasks related to documentation management, distribution/registration of mail and documents;
- Organization of agenda and of meetings;
- Maintaining documents libraries for the Unit, including maintenance of change log, distribution lists, issue information notes to concerned users;
- Maintaining and following up actions lists for the Unit and taking minutes of coordination meetings for the Unit;
- Participation to organisation of events (e.g. workshops, conferences) as required.
In addition to the above, you may also cover the following tasks:
- Support to the Project Review Process;
- Support to visitor service: including access control, preparing visa applications, distribution of information material;
- ESA site administration: including periodical update (e.g. daily) of site schedule, updating and distribution of the site telephone list;
- Participation to the preparation and the publication of internal and external documents, including editing and proofreading;
- Data collection, extraction from various Corporate applications (e.g. SAP, PRISMA) and from various internal sources and data consistency checking and coherence analysis.
- At least 2 years of solid secretarial experience;
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken. For site specific functions fluent Dutch is also required;
- High level of flexibility as well as initiative and team spirit;
- Easy contact with personnel and well-balanced autonomy in the execution of the requested tasks;
- Rigor, commitment and reliability in the execution of the assigned tasks;
- Highly proficient with modern electronics office automation tools, in particular Microsoft Office suite and electronic mailing (preferably Lotus Notes);
- Ability to communicate with industry counterparts in the execution of the project specific tasks;
- Capacity to identify priority actions and handle high workload;
- Familiarity with ESA working environment in a similar position is a distinct advantage.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.