Are you a self-motivated and customer-oriented sales professional with experience selling to the German life-sciences industry? Do you have a solid understanding of supply chain and logistics within Germany? Are you driven by a desire to delight the customer? If yes please read further.
Our client, a market leader in supply chain visibility solutions is looking for an Account Manager to join their global sales team. The position is home-based with frequent travel within Germany and to the Netherlands.
The Account Manager is responsible for revenue creation, execution and developing client accounts. The Account Manager oversees a specific client base using goal-oriented planning and execution to achieve revenue targets and objectives.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Selling the company’s offering of integrated information management systems and temperature-monitoring devices that provide customized in-transit solutions for environmentally sensitive and high-value products in Germany and Poland;
- Responsible for developing vertical sales opportunities in existing accounts as well as securing new business from a client base in the following Life Science industry segments: pharmaceutical/biotechnology, medical device, diagnostics, manufacturing and distribution as well as solution providers in the clinical trial services and logistics services / specialty courier services;
- Develop strategic plans, together with the Life Sciences Regional Sales Director, for large multi-national accounts and implement them in order to meet and exceed the sales goals of the territory;
- Act as primary communication conduit between the customer and the company;
- Collaborate, as necessary, with sales colleagues in other regions and geographies in support of harmonized global account management.
- Actively manage regular business reviews with larger accounts in the territory.
- Assist management in defining future market needs through direct collaboration with the Product Marketing Management team;
- Provide rolling forecast of projected sales on a monthly and quarterly basis;
- Conversant command of the global regulatory and standards-based guidance for storage, handling, and distribution of temperature-sensitive medicinal products;
- Working with marketing to develop programmes which assist in creating powerful tools for sales, as well as techniques to optimize the sales cycle;
- Participate in relevant trade events and congresses;
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree or equivalent;
- A minimum of 3 years of demonstrated sales experience within the Life Sciences market, promoting the sales of consumables, equipment and/or services; alternatively, previous experience in the distribution/transportation and/or packaging industries may be considered;
- Demonstrated ability to deal with and be successful in highly complex, multi-divisional customer account structures;
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of an organization; Fluency in English and German, both written and spoken is a must; Knowledge of Polish or other additional European languages is highly desired;
- Strong systems skills and knowledge of MS Office applications; and use of SalesForce.com;
- Self-starter with solid organization skills, attention to detail and exemplary time management skills;
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively in the assigned territory (up to 70%) as well as to the offices in the Netherlands; occasional intercontinental travel on a case-by-case basis.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.