Are you a seasoned IT Systems Engineer? Do you have at least 10 years of experience in IT architecture? If so, this opportunity might be for you!
We are looking for an IT Systems Architect who will join the Octagon Professionals projects team at the European Space Agency in Noordwijk (ESTEC). Read more bellow and get in touch with us today!
- Introduce IT synergies across the TEC Departments, aligning Knowledge Bases and information Repositories.
- Maintain understanding of business issues, operating procedures and priorities, actively seeking opportunities for increased business agility, ensuring all different services are integrated and in line with the Directorate’s IT architecture plan.
- Provide help to formalize requirements and assess impact on security, software licenses and cost, especially where contacts among different services are needed and questions go beyond the current computing service offerings.
- Provide help with system architecture and design:
- Encourage reuse of existing IT services / technologies.
- Favour solutions compatible with existing infrastructure.
- Formalize user stories and requirements.
- Assess impact on security, software licenses, cost.
- Identify required architecture components and/or frameworks. Prioritizes architecture deliverables, and establish short-term, mid-term and long-range architecture plans.
- Maintain a broad knowledge of current industry technologies, methodologies and designs, and their applicability and appropriateness in various solution architectures.
- Analyze technical requirements to determine infrastructure designs, potential issues, and related costs
- Contribute to the selection, prototyping, and implementation of hardware, operating systems, applications, and technical solutions to business problems
- Take the pulse of and keep tabs on the general hardware markets for innovative designs, cost savings and market trends
- Provide technical leadership of activities related to the design, deployment, evolution and operation of the existing technical IT infrastructure and related services
- Evaluate new and emerging technologies through hands-on experimentation, providing an informed point of view and advocacy within the organization.
- Leads the evaluation and comparison of IT technologies, reporting to the management, reporting on alternative scenarios and assessing opportunities related to new and emerging technologies.
- PhD or Master’s degree in Information Technology or related discipline.
- At least 10 years of experience in IT architecture primarily in systems administration. Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Expertise with Enterprise Storage, backup and recovery technologies required.
- Experience in design, architecting, engineering and administering Storage and Virtualization technologies.
- Cloud integration experience of virtual platforms.
- Experience in cluster methodologies.
- Expertise with server technologies and deployments in large data center environments.
- Expert Knowledge of Linux and Unix operation systems (Solaris, AIX and RedHat/SLES).
- Experience with HPC (High performance cluster) Methodologies would be an asset.
- Proven ability to coordinate between various teams in an Aerospace R&D environment would be an asset.
- Experience with and active participation to IT coordination groups and in coordinating with IT service providers in an environment where shared IT services are largely used by the business units.
- Good understanding of ESA/TEC IT business processes at various levels and the functioning of TEC technical infrastructure would be considered an asset.
- Strong leadership qualities and the ability to gain respect across highly technical teams.
- Experience interacting with vendors.
- A keen interest in technology innovation, the ability to collect and understand new information, plus organizational and business sensitivity are required to successfully design, deploy and maintain IT architectures.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken.
- Attractive remuneration package and advice on tax free benefits.
- 30 vacation days & additional 12 public holidays based on the 40h working week.
- Advice from our Learning & Development Specialist on most suitable trainings/courses.
- Extra budget and up to 5 extra days off for your professional development.
- Pension contribution to a tailor-made pension scheme.
- Yearly subscription to the ESTEC gym facilities and a swimming pool.
- Assistance with relocation in case you are moving to The Netherlands from abroad.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.