Are you an experienced sales professional in the solar photovoltaic field? Are you currently looking for a new opportunity where you would be able to join a fast-growing business? Our client, one of the top leading authorized solar wholesalers in the world, is looking for a Director of Sales who can build the sales team and develop the business in the Dutch and EU Markets.
The position is responsible for setting up a national team that develops and implements the company’s distribution strategy within EU and serves as a leader on the executive team, working closely with the CEO, and other key senior team members. You will oversee the field, inside and partner sales organizations providing both strategic and operational leadership. The senior director of sales and their team track help drive our strategy to sell affordable solar equipments to installers. This position will be both a company and industry leader and work collaboratively across the business to help make the company’s vision of creating a green planet reality for all consumers. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, do not hesitate to get in touch!
As a Director of Sales, you will be responsible for :
- Designs and directs the implementation and execution of sales quarterly and annual operating plans;
- Manages multiple channel selling strategies including direct to consumer, partner-led sales and inside sales;
- Develop and manage sales channels and customers in the Netherlands;
- Responsible for setting up a sales team in Netherlands and to train the team members;
- Processing orders under guidance of the company and to follow up all the after sales and customer service processes;
- Responsible for business negotiations with customers and the signing of the contracts;
- Collecting market information of the Dutch market and give advice to the Headquarters on marketing strategy and development planning in Netherlands;
- Assisting Headquarters with some necessary administrative work in the local office before the local team is fully functional, like helping setting up a local warehouse;
- Accountable for profitable sales volume and market share growth and works closely with Marketing to develop and execute go-to-market strategy for all the company’s product offerings;
- Accountable for the sales organization budget. Proactively assesses existing sales organization support investments, including those in technology, training, and administrative support. Ensures support investments yield productivity benefits consistent with established objectives. Provides managerial leadership to Sales Operations in meeting this responsibility, and works closely with our IT and Engineering teams to ensure technology initiatives are implemented consistent with firm technology strategy.
You are required to have:
- Minimum 8 years of Sales experience in the Netherlands or within EU in the solar photovoltaic (PV) industry or related industry;
- Undergraduate degree required, MBA or other advanced degree strongly preferred;
- Excellent command of English. Dutch fluency would be an additional advantage;
- Knowledge of the Dutch photovoltaic industry, including sales channels and resources. Sales Management experience is preferred;
- Experience with technology including Salesforce, ADP, sales scheduling tools, Microsoft Office, and similar programs is expected;
- Candidates with mature channels or customer network are preferred;
- Excellent communication skills and business negotiation skills;
- To be able to skillfully use all kinds of office software and write business documents;
- Integrity, good business ethics and professional spirit, abide by the professional norms;
- Have strong motivation for achievement and hope for further development.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.