Do you posess a degree in Astronomy, Planetary Science or Astrophysics and you are passionate about science? Do you have previous experience in corporate communications?
We are looking for a Communications Officer who will join the Octagon Professionals projects team at the European Space Agency in Noordwijk (ESTEC). If that sounds like the right fit, get in touch with us today!
- Act as Senior Editor for the Science and Technology pages of the directorate, including the commissioning, editing and writing of articles and updates.
- Act as administrator of the Science Editorial Board to review news requests and coordinate the publication agenda.
- Act as “Point of Contact” for science missions internally (ESA project scientist and managers) and externally (Mission Science teams and communication partners).
- Under the responsibility of the Science Programme Communication Officer support the drafting and implementation of annual and mission communication plans.
- Organisation of media events, including briefing of speakers and follow-up of requests from media.
- Set-up of outreach events agreed in the Science and Exploration Domain communication plan.
- Support to launch and mission events and tasks and events defined in partnership and cooperation agreements.
- Conception and conduct of social media campaigns, including the management of Science related social media accounts.
- Conception, editing and writing of stories for ESA science portal and SciTech pages inEnglish.
- Obtain the necessary internal approval for publication.
- Conception of storyboards for videos, animations and social media assets.
- Represent ESA at science/outreach/communication conferences by giving presentations and to maintain and develop relationships with other science communicators and update own knowledge.
- Master’s degree in Astronomy, Planetary Science, or Astrophysics.
- Good knowledge and at least 8 years of experience in the following areas: science, engineering or technological communication. A good synthesis ability and a thorough understanding and interest for science is needed.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- In-depth knowledge of the missions and topics of ESA’s Science Programme.
- International Media and Social media.
- Good interaction skills and capacity to work under stressful situations.
- A fair knowledge in the following areas will be considered an additional advantage:
- Science communications.
- Audio-visual requirements.
- Graphic design and layout.
- Social media.
- Attractive remuneration package and advice on tax free benefits.
- 30 vacation days & additional 12 public holidays based on the 40h working week.
- Advice from our Learning & Development Specialist on most suitable trainings/courses.
- Extra budget and up to 5 extra days off for your professional development.
- Pension contribution to a tailor-made pension scheme.
- Yearly subsribtion to the ESTEC gym facilities and a swimming pool.
- Assistance with relocation in case you are moving to The Netherlands from abroad.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.