Are you a senior administrative professional with at least 5 years of experience? Are you seeking an opportunity in an international environment?
We are looking for an Administrative Assistant who will join the Octagon Professionals projects team at the European Space Agency in Noordwijk (ESTEC). Read more about this exciting opportunity and apply today!
- Coordinating actions with the Head of Department and other projects as requested; organizing and coordinating high-level meetings (e.g. Programme Boards) with the Industry.
- Coordinating actions with other secretaries of the department.
- Planning/coordinating the commitments and meetings, organizing the calendar and keeping the Project Managers informed on all issues of concern; supervising the preparation of files for such meetings and any special subjects.
- Collecting information and documents necessary for the Project Staff to take actions on given issues.
- Analysing incoming mail- paper and e-mail – and presenting these data in an organized and prioritized manner. Ensuring that important and urgent mail reaches staff to ensure timely responses.
- Ensuring the diffusion of information between teams.
- Answering incoming calls and performing a pre-screening of these calls for direct connection with the Project Managers or for reply at a later time. Keeping organized records of these calls and checking closure and follow up.
- Preparation of staff missions and travel arrangements.
- Supporting other projects staff in the preparation and follow up of administrative, organisational and contractual matters.
- Composing routine correspondence and keeping a filing system for incoming/outgoing mail.
- Generating documents and textual and graphics presentations.
- Check for correct authorization, substantiating documentation and adherence to Agency rules and practice (ref. leave, mission, conference, authorization with regards to Staff Rules and Regulations, as well as financial procedures).
- Use related ESA Corporate software tools, documentation systems, and databases and interface with the relevant actors across the Agency.
- Provide Support to ensure the implementation and operations of the Department DMS in accordance with the ISO requirements.
- Establishing and maintaining the structure and records and files of the Management Information Systems such as Eclipse. Interfacing and providing support to department staff on administrative matters related to use of the relevant systems.
- Supporting the ISO management system and processes. Support to reviews and audits, and preparation of files as background for meetings and special studies.
- Administering and maintaining the office documentation systems.
- Setting up the folder structure, registration, filing and distribution of correspondence and other documentation. Follow up of departmental actions using the Eclipse Documentation Management System.
- Completed secondary education or professional training in administrative support and/or secretarial activities.
- Senior executive assistant with a minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Experience in ESA Telecom environment.
- Knowledge about Public-Private Partnerships and handling ESA Classified Documentation shall be considered as an asset.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, LotusNotes and Outlook.
- A good knowledge of the various ESA tools (MAS, Time Sheet, Flexi-time) would be an asset.
- Knowledge of ESA Eclipse Documentation Management System is an asset.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken. Knowledge of another official ESA language is an asset.
- Attractive remuneration package and advice on tax-free benefits.
- Up to 30 vacations days & additional 12 public holidays based on the 40h working week.
- Advice from our Learning & Development Specialist on most suitable training/courses.
- Extra budget and up to 5 extra days off for your professional development.
- Pension contribution to a tailor-made pension scheme.
- A Yearly subscription to the ESTEC gym facilities and a swimming pool.
- Assistance with relocation in case you are moving to The Netherlands from abroad.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.